2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #1 / 25
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I'd like to fix as many of these as possible... ideally if you could let me know how to reproduce them as well that's always a big help.

2. #2 / 25
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Fantastic!  I've been thinking about putting a wiki page together for this.  Would that be helpful?

3. #3 / 25
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

The two I encounter are:

1) On some boards, upon turning in cards, the board has to be refreshed before the rewarded armies are added to reserves. It happens frequently, but not always.

2) Due to the way the vector graphics are rendered, there is an issue with very narrow graphical elements, particularly 1 pixel wide borders between territories. Specifically, they don't appear.

In your Face!

4. #4 / 25
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

In the game 1812 on the board Manifest destiny:

I'm trying to change a fortify order I have already set up, but not committed.  (I put in a bunch of orders, then reviewed my teammates orders and now am trying to change my orders)

1. The territories have a little green dot for orders (which is good), but when I click on it, I want it to show me colored arrows for connections that contain orders. (blue for fortify, and green for attack).  At the moment, it just shows me all white arrow connections. 

2. when I return player to the reinforcement phase, and click on the territory I want to change, I get the reinforce box, but it only has a drop down for the number of units, an o and t.  No save button to commit the order (like the other boxes, and no automatic accepting of the order when I select a value from the list - like when I set it originally), therefore it's hard for me to change the order. 

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet
    Edited Sat 21st Sep 23:34 [history]

5. #5 / 25
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I went ahead and created some wiki pages.  For that first issue, I think it might be board dependent.  If we can figure out what boards it occurs on vs. those that don't, it might be easier for Tom to solve, so I put a place on the wiki to track it:

http://www.wargear.net/wiki/doku.php?id=general:bugs:native_player

Please post there a link to any games if you see this bug (or even if not, we need some null cases too).

#2) I think Tom said is a bug/problem with flash vs. html5, and is not something he can fix.   Although thinking about it now, I guess he could let us use a different fill map for native/flash players and then in cases where it seemed to make a difference, a mapmaker who cared could create a fill map for each case.

Here's my #3:

Circle mode (for attack/fortify) does not work on native player.  It always shows as arrows.

#4) Problems with History Playback

I'm not sure how to describe this better, as I haven't used native player history in months because it always seemed to have "problems'.  I think Tom wiil need some specific examples for this.  There is a section on the wiki page for that too.

6. #6 / 25
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

heres a few:

player background is weird (assuming for transparent setting in designer? - see any game of Spy vs Spy for an example)

history is jacked;
    - constantly have to refresh it to get believable numbers (some NaN, some random 12s,6s,etc when expecting 3s or 4s and game start)
    - formatting of log flops all over the place as does header (where the buttons are - tho this got a bit better after a tweak)

attack box shifts weird (think it mainly happens on right edge of board, say with Infection)

message icon shows in game list when its from my post, but not always (haven't found a pattern here)

team/individual hightlights don't show up correctly (most recent board that comes to mind is New Earth, but happens most boards i think; that one just is really weird about it.)

i know there was a couple more, but i've been up since 5am...i'm tired.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Sat 21st Sep 23:44 [history]

7. #7 / 25
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

All of the above have been added to the wiki page:

http://www.wargear.net/wiki/doku.php?id=general:bugs:native_player

Please feel free to correct, add details or examples, etc.

8. #8 / 25
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Not really a bug - but it is really nice in the Flash player where you can go into the board explorer with current territory ownership showing.

9. #9 / 25
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Here's a thread where there is some kvetching about the native player and why I don't use it -

http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/3083/Card_set_notification_not_working_in_Native_Player

More here also -

http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/2574p2/Native_Player_updates

Edited Sun 22nd Sep 13:03 [history]

10. #10 / 25
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Suggestion from a long time back: :)

I'd still like to see (in simulgear) all of the order arrows show up on the map when your reviewing you orders.  Display them in different colors on the map.  

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

11. #11 / 25
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:

Not really a bug - but it is really nice in the Flash player where you can go into the board explorer with current territory ownership showing.

+100

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

12. #12 / 25
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:
    Amidon37 wrote:

+100

+1, and it should be noted that weathertop used up all of his +1's for the year ;)

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

13. #13 / 25
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

... and it should be noted that weathertop used up all of his +1's for the year ;)

+1000

14. #14 / 25
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:
    weathertop wrote:
    Amidon37 wrote:

+100

+1, and it should be noted that weathertop used up all of his +1's for the year ;)

that's alright, the year restarts next week. I thought I had to use them up, otherwise I wouldn't justify getting more next year (at least that's how it works here with funding).

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

15. #15 / 25
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

heres a few:

player background is weird (assuming for transparent setting in designer? - see any game of Spy vs Spy for an example)

history is jacked;
    - constantly have to refresh it to get believable numbers (some NaN, some random 12s,6s,etc when expecting 3s or 4s and game start)
    - formatting of log flops all over the place as does header (where the buttons are - tho this got a bit better after a tweak)

attack box shifts weird (think it mainly happens on right edge of board, say with Infection)

message icon shows in game list when its from my post, but not always (haven't found a pattern here)

team/individual hightlights don't show up correctly (most recent board that comes to mind is New Earth, but happens most boards i think; that one just is really weird about it.)

i know there was a couple more, but i've been up since 5am...i'm tired.

It would be really useful to have links to the games / boards where you see this behavior - ideally with steps to reproduce.

16. #16 / 25
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i'll try to post as soon as i see something, and maybe replication can be deduced from there since not all are understood on how they repeat. screen grabs or the like desired?

player needing refresh after cards: http://www.wargear.net/games/player/305458

got a screen grab of this, but can't remember how to post inline from a file (instead of a internet link)

just got the message icon My Games tab for http://www.wargear.net/games/view/304646, where i was the last poster; accidentally clicked it before getting a screengrab (forgot i just posted in that game).

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Sun 29th Sep 22:44 [history]

17. #17 / 25
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

card turn in happened again (http://www.wargear.net/games/player/305458) while placing units i decided to cash in my cards...

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

18. #18 / 25
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/308963

Territory A1 & D4 are non-player colors (I own A1, but can't tell that I own it unless i hover over it); this does not appear to happen while in the flash player.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

19. #19 / 25
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I was looking through the history of this game

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/255454?player=native

when I eliminated green at turn 697 the status column lists me as "eliminated" and him as "playing" and stays that way.

Similar things happen with future eliminations also -

The History seems to be working smoother over all though - nice!

20. #20 / 25
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

finally got one of the messed up attack boxes on the right had edge:

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/307537 when attacking N1 E4 to S1 E4 

flash positions it correctly.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...