229 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Standard Member paulharrow
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Are holidays calculated on the users local time, or on some sort of USA time?  In other words, which midnight is used to determine when the holiday time expires?

thanks,

paulharrow

2. #2 / 8
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Right now they are calculated on US time where the server is located - but it should be based on the user's local time I guess.

3. #3 / 8
    Standard Member paulharrow
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Well, either way I don't mind, as long as I know. And which US time? 3 hours can make a difference, as IRoll11s pointed out previously!!

Would be good if the actual time zone used was described in the help and also where you put in your holidays.

If it remains as USA time, perhaps displaying the USA time and date on the page where you input the holidays would help the geographically challenged.

4. #4 / 8
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

It's EST (the server is in New York).

I'll update the code so it calculates it based on your timezone, that should make it simpler all round.

5. #5 / 8
    Standard Member EnixNeo
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I also have a question about vacation days since I cant seem to find it anywhere: while you are on vacation, does that mean your boot timer in-game is paused or that you cant be booted for exceeding the boot timer?

Ideally, vacations would pause your boot timer, this way once you return from vacation, you are in exactly the state you were when you left for vacation on every board.

If vacations simply means you cant be booted for exceeding the boot time, then I presume, that at midnight of the end of your vacation you get auto-booted.

I was just wondering because I cant find anything that explains this in the vacation menu.

Love the site.

6. #6 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

EnixNeo wrote: I also have a question about vacation days since I cant seem to find it anywhere: while you are on vacation, does that mean your boot timer in-game is paused or that you cant be booted for exceeding the boot timer?

Ideally, vacations would pause your boot timer, this way once you return from vacation, you are in exactly the state you were when you left for vacation on every board.

If vacations simply means you cant be booted for exceeding the boot time, then I presume, that at midnight of the end of your vacation you get auto-booted.

I was just wondering because I cant find anything that explains this in the vacation menu.

Love the site.

Your boot timer is not paused.  You just can't be booted for exceeding the boot timer while on Vacation status.  I'm unsure of what happens when the Vacation ends and your past the Boot Timer, seems like you you get Auto-Skipped or Booted depending on the setting (I may find out tonight due to a stuck game :)!).

But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests.

7. #7 / 8
    Standard Member EnixNeo
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Another question. Lets say I'm on vacation from 3/15 to 3/18. Sometime in the middle of that time I realize I need more time and add a period from 3/19 to 3/22. Is the transition seemless (I wont get booted from everything) or does the system bring me out of vacation and immediately bring me back into vacation (which I assume would cause me to get booted). In other words is there a lapse in time in which the system does a 'vacation check'. Obviously I expect it to transition from one into the other but I know how programmed system can behave sometimes ;)

8. #8 / 8
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yes it should be seamless. Although I wouldn't stake my life on it ;)

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)