2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 16
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

You can now configure a different Win Condition for each Player Color. Due to complications with Flash these aren't  configured in the Designer but are on the http://www.wargear.net/boards/myboards page in a linked column (the same column appears on the Scenario page).

There is a new rule setting "Lock win condition to specified seat number" under the Scenario tab which defines whether Win Conditions are locked to Player seats at game init. 

There are 6 different game win condition types:

1. Default - This is either Last Man Standing or Last Team Standing and operates exactly the same as before - in a non-team game every other player must be eliminated and in a team game every other team must be eliminated.
    2. Capture Territory - If you capture the specified territory, then the player / team wins the game.
    3. Eliminate Seat - If the specified seat is eliminated from the game in any way (Eliminated, Booted, Surrendered) then the player / team wins the game. You don't need to be the person who eliminated them. This can be set to Random (set at game init) or a specified seat number.
    4. Territory Count - when you occupy the specified number of territories the player / team wins the game.
    5. Unit Count - When the total number of units that you own on the board (not including reserves) gets to this number the player / team wins the game.
    6. Unit Percentage - When the total number of units that you own on the board (not including reserves) is this percentage of the total number of units on the board, the player / team wins the game.

Each Win Condition has a switch so that it can be either Hidden (visible only to the Player or their team-mates) or Visible to everyone.

There's a fair amount of new code here so there will probably be some tweaks needed. Please make sure you play test thoroughly to ensure the win conditions work as you expect. If anything seems wrong, please let me know here.

2. #2 / 16
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

hoo boy. this opens a lot of possibilities.

In your Face!

3. #3 / 16
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote:

Yep! 

..and already on the wiki - just needs a little polishing with a graphic or two.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.
    Edited Sat 7th Sep 10:46 [history]

4. #4 / 16
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

There is a new rule setting "Lock win condition to specified seat number" under the Scenario tab which defines whether Win Conditions are locked to Player seats at game init. 

I notice that this is set to ON by default.. What happens when you turn it OFF?

5. #5 / 16
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Can this explanation be included in the Help section?

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

6. #6 / 16
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

AttilaTheHun wrote:

Can this explanation be included in the Help section?

If I'm not mistaken, the Help Section is being migrated to, and will eventually be replaced by the Wiki. Certainly, it wouldn't hurt if ..until the migration is completed, that the Help section included a link to the Wiki..

7. #7 / 16
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:
    tom wrote:

I notice that this is set to ON by default.. What happens when you turn it OFF?

When it's On - Seat 1 gets the win condition assigned to seat 1.

When it's Off - Each seat gets randomly assigned a win condition from the set of win conditions that you have defined for the board.

Edited Sat 7th Sep 11:59 [history]

8. #8 / 16
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:
    Cramchakle wrote:

Yep! 

..and already on the wiki - just needs a little polishing with a graphic or two.

Fast work {#emotions_dlg.thumb}

9. #9 / 16
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

so does condition 3 mean we can have 'assassin' games? (where each player is randomly assigned another player and as soon as target is elim - by anyone - owner of target wins game).

If so, one caveat needs to be in place:  for anyone booted (or  i guess also 'surrender accepted' in 3+ games) their target goes to their owner. (example: if tom was my target and he got booted, i would automatically get tom's target, tho that means tom can't have me -- i assume that's worked into code that in 3+ games two players can't be assigned each other?)

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

10. #10 / 16
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

so does condition 3 mean we can have 'assassin' games? (where each player is randomly assigned another player and as soon as target is elim - by anyone - owner of target wins game).

If so, one caveat needs to be in place:  for anyone booted (or  i guess also 'surrender accepted' in 3+ games) their target goes to their owner. (example: if tom was my target and he got booted, i would automatically get tom's target, tho that means tom can't have me -- i assume that's worked into code that in 3+ games two players can't be assigned each other?)

Well, at the moment that doesn't happen. It's complicated because it's possible to mix up assigned elimination targets and random elimination targets, for example:

1. Eliminate Seat 2
    2. Eliminate Seat 1
    3. Random - gets assigned to Eliminate seat 4 at game init
    4. Random - gets assigned to Eliminate seat 3 at game init
    5. Random - gets assigned to Eliminate seat 5 at game init

If Seat 1 gets booted the game as to end at that point as he can't get assigned himself as an elimination target.

So, I think Assassination has to be a separate game option - perhaps selectable at game start.

11. #11 / 16
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Do you see boots as a major problem to the Elimination Win condition?

i.e. if somebody gets booted after the game has started could somebody win by default?

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

12. #12 / 16
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

That's how it's currently set up, yes. I think it has to be that way for certain types of gameplay - e.g., 'Kings' where teams compete to kill the opposing players King. If the King is booted, the opposing team has to win the game.

13. #13 / 16
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

Well, at the moment that doesn't happen. It's complicated because it's possible to mix up assigned elimination targets and random elimination targets, for example:

1. Eliminate Seat 2
    2. Eliminate Seat 1

If Seat 1 gets booted the game as to end at that point as he can't get assigned himself as an elimination target.

So, I think Assassination has to be a separate game option - perhaps selectable at game start.

didn't think about mixing types of assignments (random vs hard coded)...i'm assuming these are set in the designer per scenario and not game creation? if so, then it's up to designer not to mix up.

so assassination is essentially just a subset where all are random assign with a check to make sure two aren't assigned to each other?

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

14. #14 / 16
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:
    tom wrote:

1. Eliminate Seat 2
    2. Eliminate Seat 1

didn't think about mixing types of assignments (random vs hard coded)...i'm assuming these are set in the designer per scenario and not game creation? if so, then it's up to designer not to mix up.

so assassination is essentially just a subset where all are random assign with a check to make sure two aren't assigned to each other?

Yes, it could work like that.

15. #15 / 16
    Hyper-Geek Raptor
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I just released an update to Frontierland Shootin' Arcade. It uses the new win condition of first to occupy 17 territories.

This was how the board was originally conceived.  So I am very happy to have this new feature available.  Thanks Tom

Ad Extremum Omnia Sunt Limosus
    Edited Tue 1st Oct 13:46 [history]

16. #16 / 16
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Great to have the first board up and running!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)