209 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

To fix a number of restrictions and open a few windows I have a large suggestion, which I recognize may not be easy or even doable, but here it goes.

Under Scenario there could be a series of drop windows on the side that are essentially player editors.  You could first "make new scenario" or just make a new version of the map and go to "scenario."  Then you pick "number of players."  Your options could be a range (2-10) a number (4, or a range 4-4) or a selection of numbers 2,4,5,10 (to divide 20 open territories evenly, but randomly).  If the first option of making multiple scenarios, you could have a 2 player scenario, a 4 player a scenario, a 2-10 player scenario, a 3,4,6,12 player scenario etc.  Then under each player you could manipulate # of starting units for random distribution, number of starting territories, units per territory, all sorts of fun things.  It would be a gigantic endeavor, but you could even associate different continents with different players so that this scenario is for "players 1,2 and 4" or "all players" or "player 1 only."  You could change card maximums per player.  You could start one player with 3 cards, but only 1 territory with 25 units, but it's randomized each game, because of player customization that isn't specific to one territory.  You could place one player per team in one location, not give those players any starting territories, but randomize the other players throughout the board.  

I'm not sure how realistic any of this is, but I would sure appreciate even a fraction of this kind of renovation.

2. #2 / 8
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Also, is it possible to put the "name countries box in a different window on the page so it doesn't scroll with the map?

3. #3 / 8
    Standard Member Gimli
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

that would be very cool!

4. #4 / 8
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Great ideas and definitely doable - I've had several requests to allow multiple possible starting scenarios per game board and this would fit into that category. As usual I will add to the ToDo list thanks EN :)

5. #5 / 8
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

No, thank you tom. Sorry if my suggestions are something of a pain.

6. #6 / 8
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Also, under player options, could there be Player 1 belongs to Team A or something?

7. #7 / 8
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yes, the allocation of seats to Teams will also be part of the scenario update.

8. #8 / 8
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Grand

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)