192 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 11
    Standard Member btilly
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

In my Merge Sort board, cards are locked in the scenario, but I still saw different names for the cards in the scenario and on the main board.  I was also able to change the card names even though the board is currently in review and the big warning says that I am only able to change the description.

It is minor and doesn't pose a real problem, but they are bugs so I'm reporting them.

2. #2 / 11
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Though it is not represented as such, there are a lot of things you can change while a board is in review..  In fact, most things..  If the cards are locked I'm thinking you should be able to change them by changing the main (non-scenario) board.  I.e., locked means you can't change it in the scenario - it comes from the main board.

https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

3. #3 / 11
    Standard Member btilly
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

Though it is not represented as such, there are a lot of things you can change while a board is in review..  In fact, most things..  If the cards are locked I'm thinking you should be able to change them by changing the main (non-scenario) board.  I.e., locked means you can't change it in the scenario - it comes from the main board.

This is not what I observed.

I observed that the cards were locked in the designer.  I changed the descriptions in the main board.  I then resubmitted for review.

While playing I saw that my card did not have the label that I set.  I verified that the card was set in the design for the board, verified that cards are locked into the scenario, went into the scenario, and was able to change the card names *there*.  Those changes took hold in the game.

I was able to make it work, but no step in the process gave the result that I expected.

4. #4 / 11
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

yeah, things with scenarios are kinda wonky. i had to go in and put a description in each of the scenarios cus they didn't pick up the main board's (or something like that - been too long now to remember).

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

5. #5 / 11
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

You can make any change you want (subject to scenario settings) whilst the board is in Dev or Submitted state.

6. #6 / 11
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

ok, better question:

which updated to main board (instead of clicking into scenarios individually) get carried down to the scenarios?

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

7. #7 / 11
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

ok, better question:

which updated to main board (instead of clicking into scenarios individually) get carried down to the scenarios?

This is something I never understood.  When you create a scenario, does it just copy the main board into the scenario, or does the scenario point to the main board.

i.e.   If I have 5 scenarios, all locked & I change something in the main board level, does that change the scenarios, or are they 'locked' to the state of the main board when the scenario was created.

Related question, what if I unlock the scenario, fiddle with it, then lock it again.  does it stay as fiddled, does it revert to the original state of the main board when the scenario was created, or does it revert to the current state of the main board. 

Final question - Do these things apply across all categories?  It seems like images behave a bit differently from some of the other categories.

8. #8 / 11
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

yeah updated should read 'updates' in my post. as in which of the updates propagate down.

Regardless - Ozy, as usual, says it better. 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

9. #9 / 11
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

This is something I never understood.  When you create a scenario, does it just copy the main board into the scenario, or does the scenario point to the main board.

I believe the answer is Yes. The Scenario is similar to a board in that it gets all the same things as the Main board along with its own Board ID, although it essentially has a "parent" of the Main Board in that the Main Board will update specific items when those items are Locked.

Ozyman wrote:

i.e.   If I have 5 scenarios, all locked & I change something in the main board level, does that change the scenarios, or are they 'locked' to the state of the main board when the scenario was created.

The Scenarios would get the same updates.

Ozyman wrote:

Related question, what if I unlock the scenario, fiddle with it, then lock it again.  does it stay as fiddled, does it revert to the original state of the main board when the scenario was created, or does it revert to the current state of the main board. 

Revert to the current state of the Main board.

Ozyman wrote:

Final question - Do these things apply across all categories?  It seems like images behave a bit differently from some of the other categories.

For the most part they should behave the same across all categories I believe, although there are some items (I don't have a good complete list) that are outside of the copy down to Scenarios, such as Board Description.

This is my understanding and how it's worked in the past and for the most part how I believe it continues to work (and how I utilize Scenarios).

If I could figure out how to draw a line in Photoshop I would be a lot more well off with the Mac thing...

10. #10 / 11
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thanks Yertle!

11. #11 / 11
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yes pretty much correct - when you create a scenario it makes a duplicate copy of the main board exactly the same as creating a new version.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)