203 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I´ve  been wondering about public message "slips". Would it be worthwhile to make them intentionally to both real or non-existent P2P communications/agreements.

Would it more likely have a negative, positive, or simply neutral impact.  Thoughts?

2. #2 / 7
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

itsnotatumor wrote:

I´ve  been wondering about public message "slips". Would it be worthwhile to make them intentionally to both real or non-existent P2P communications/agreements.

Would it more likely have a negative, positive, or simply neutral impact.  Thoughts?

Interesting question...

I'm the type of player who sees all parts of the game as potentially part of the game, so to speak.  So if public messages are possible then it's equally possible for an opponent to use this as a tactic to gain advantage.

The impact can really vary depending on the situation.

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

3. #3 / 7
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I recently sent this message to a player (privately):

"Nothin personal {player name} but I want the {important territory}, clear out and you won't have to lose all your troops..."

And it provoked the biggest retaliatory attack I think I've ever experienced. I didn't mean it to be a taunt, but after reading it again and seeing the response, that is clearly what I did there. 

I think taunting the other players could be used to good effect, same as hinting at or leaking information, publicly or privately.  Mind you, I wouldn't want people to think I'm that kind of person. 

Totally worth using the messenger to your advantage.

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

4. #4 / 7
    Standard Member SquintGnome
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Every time I hear of this topic, I think of the time I was trying to send myself a private message as a note of my intended tactics for the next turn against Attila in a WOTR (War of the Ring) game.  Of course, I sent it public instead of private and we both had a good laugh about it.  But I wonder also, if it would have been effective if I sent false info in the same manner.  I don't usually have enough left over energy to play head games like that, ... but who knows

5. #5 / 7
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Lol, I used to send false info public messages in A&A games all the time...of course, once folks are used to it, it doesn't work so well.

6. #6 / 7
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

SquintGnome wrote:

Every time I hear of this topic, I think of the time I was trying to send myself a private message as a note of my intended tactics for the next turn against Attila in a WOTR (War of the Ring) game.  Of course, I sent it public instead of private and we both had a good laugh about it.  But I wonder also, if it would have been effective if I sent false info in the same manner.  I don't usually have enough left over energy to play head games like that, ... but who knows

LOL I remember that!

Here was my response:

20th Jan 2012 21:25 Show board state
    PUBLIC message from AttilaTheHunis online now
    sea distract. circle to withered heath. teleport to Northern Waste. write secret message to Squint.

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

7. #7 / 7
    Standard Member SquintGnome
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

{#emotions_dlg.razz}

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)