177 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 5
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

This is a new map depicting the epic 1943 battle between the Russians and the Germans in what became the largest tank battle in history, also representing the German's last major offensive on the Eastern Front. It is a 1v1 map utilizing simulgear play.

For those students of military history that are familiar with simulplay, please give this a try and feel free to send me feedback about the game or the battle itself.

2. #2 / 5
    Standard Member 3EyedTitan
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I just read the rules and the map looks very interesting and unique.  I have never played a game with simulgear though.

3. #3 / 5
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I would encourage you to play A simulgear game or two before trying this map...perhaps Bomb Factory. While Citadel is not as complex as, say, Toaster's Axes & Allies map, it is a pretty large map and medium-complex. So, playing a smaller map like Bomb Factory would give you the feel for Simulgear action, especially the importance of order prioritization within a turn. It would also allow you to get familiar with one of the site's most well-liked maps. Almost everyone I come across who has taken the time to play a few simulgear games really likes it and many prefer that play style over turn-based.

Edited Thu 2nd Aug 08:50 [history]

4. #4 / 5
    Standard Member 3EyedTitan
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Okay thanks for the advice!

5. #5 / 5
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I have created a new private tourney for this map...if anyone is interested in joining, please drop a note here or on my profile.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)