223 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 11
    Standard Member ramoose
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Hi everyone, I've decided to come check this place out a I am sick of warfish processing errors trashing my games. Site looks great so far! I've only got one question at this point - is it possible to remove players from the join lobby? I double-invited a couple of my friends, and have a couple more that are taking too long to join the game. Cheers and I hope to do battle with some of you in the near future.

2. #2 / 11
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'm curious how you heard about wargear.  Many of us are refugees from warfish. 

3. #3 / 11
    Standard Member ramoose
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Yeah, i gathered that :) that's why I came. I learned about wargear while trying to figure out what was going on with this 'processing error' that had broken my warfish game. While hunting around for solutions I came across a few threads discussing wargear as an alternative to the absentee-admined warfish. 10 or so processing errors later I decided enough was enough and fired up a few games here, inviting a bunch of my crew of 12 or so avid warfishers. The only shame is that many of my fave boards aren't on wargear, although hopefully some of them will get imported sooner or later. Having said that there are heaps of cool looking boards here that I haven't played yet!

4. #4 / 11
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

hi - welcome to WarGear.

You can over invite players to fill the spots but you can't reduce the number of players in the game. If it's a real problem let me know the game URL and I can amend manually.

5. #5 / 11
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i think you got it wrong! wargear is a 10 times better than warfish ever was, and only more good to come. stick with us kid and you can't go wrong! :)

6. #6 / 11
    Standard Member ramoose
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

thanks tom, hugh already filled me in on how the joins work and i've got it all sussed out now.

jbomb - after my first turn i can already see how much better this site is. if only iphone supported flash :(

7. #7 / 11
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

we're (or better, tom) is working on a new player that will go across platforms including the iphone. we're in beta testing now! stick around, it gets better (as if it wasn't good enough already!)

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

8. #8 / 11
    Standard Member ramoose
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

excited

9. #9 / 11
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

ramoose wrote:

The only shame is that many of my fave boards aren't on wargear, although hopefully some of them will get imported sooner or later. 

What boards are missing?  A lot have been ported over or have similar versions here.

10. #10 / 11
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I'd love to see these Johnny Yuma greats: Gettysburg, Vikingr, something that begins with a K.

11. #11 / 11
    Standard Member ramoose
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

peloponesian war, expanded europe and trojan hammer are probably my 3 favourites that i couldn't find here. Ive only played one yuma board, the silk road, and liked that a lot too.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)