199 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 10
    Premium Member Snake Eyes
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

I am trying to join a new tournament that showed up, but it won't let me.

It says that I am already in ten tournaments, which I am...kinda.

I have been eliminated from two of them.  I have even tried to withdraw myself from the two that I've been eliminated in.  It says 'you have successfully removed yourself' but I'm still listed in them, and still unable to join another one.

2. #2 / 10
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

If you're in ten(ish) tournaments, why not support the site and purchase a premium membership?  You don't have to worry about your game count, and you get to enjoy all kinds of nice features and conveniences.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

3. #3 / 10
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

If you're in ten(ish) tournaments, why not support the site and purchase a premium membership?  You don't have to worry about your game count, and you get to enjoy all kinds of nice features and conveniences.

+1 to supporting the site

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

4. #4 / 10
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

AttilaTheHun wrote:
    M57 wrote:

+1 to supporting the site

Agreed! um, in the mean time...

Am I actually experiencing a problem or is it supposed to do that?

5. #5 / 10
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

It doesn't make sense that you can actually not be in a tournament that you have already played a game in. In my mind, you can surrender the remainder of your games, but technically you're still "in" the tournament.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

6. #6 / 10
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

It doesn't make sense that you can actually not be in a tournament that you have already played a game in. In my mind, you can surrender the remainder of your games, but technically you're still "in" the tournament.

Even if I have been eliminated from an 'elimination' tournament?

Because to me, at that point, I am 'out' of that tournament.

Edited Thu 8th Mar 16:30 [history]

7. #7 / 10
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Tom would need to chime in for the official word, but I bet you are still considered in the tournament until it ends.

8. #8 / 10
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yeah, that is a good point.  I thought the game limit restriction was only on public games and that tournaments and private games had no limit.  The problem here is that all us regulars are premium members so we are not familiar with how the standard side of things works.

9. #9 / 10
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

There is a 10 tournament limit - this was introduced because we had a few new players joining virtually every available tournament and then never coming back.

I've fixed the bug which prevented you from joining once you have been eliminated from a Live tournament.

10. #10 / 10
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

There is a 10 tournament limit - this was introduced because we had a few new players joining virtually every available tournament and then never coming back.

I've fixed the bug which prevented you from joining once you have been eliminated from a Live tournament.

Thank you.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)