Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Thread Slayer Severene
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

OK, checking into capitals.  Question:

Can you start the game with all neutral capitals yet have capture off?  That way players can take capitals from neutrals but once the player loses his capital it is destroyed (but not when you take it from the neutral.)  Or does it destroy it no matter if its neutral or player owned?

And it looks like you can have capture off but still assimilate troops - is this correct?

BTW - I am NOT complaining. I am just trying to make the world a better place with more awesome suggestions.

2. #2 / 8
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Severene wrote:

And it looks like you can have capture off but still assimilate troops - is this correct?

Even if it were -- what would be the point?  The only way to "assimilate" would be to take your opponent's last unit.  Then there's nothing to assimilate.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

3. #3 / 8
    Thread Slayer Severene
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

M57 wrote:
    Severene wrote:

Even if it were -- what would be the point?  The only way to "assimilate" would be to take your opponent's last unit.  Then there's nothing to assimilate.

I took it to mean you crush the capital and destroy it but you still eliminate him and take over % of his (other)  territories excluding that capital.

BTW - I am NOT complaining. I am just trying to make the world a better place with more awesome suggestions.

4. #4 / 8
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

That is correct. I think M misinterpreted "capture off".

Cram's "Castles" map does this: there is no card capture, but if you eliminate a player via capitals, you assimilate a % of the remaining units.

e^ix=cos x + i*sin x. Tell your friends.

5. #5 / 8
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hugh wrote:

That is correct. I think M misinterpreted "capture off".

My bad -- It's true.  I misinterpret just about everything. My wife can confirm.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

6. #6 / 8
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Severene wrote:

Can you start the game with all neutral capitals yet have capture off?  That way players can take capitals from neutrals but once the player loses his capital it is destroyed (but not when you take it from the neutral.)  Or does it destroy it no matter if its neutral or player owned?

I don't think you can.  My guess is that if capture is off you can't take them from neutrals either.  I would need to test it to know for sure though.

7. #7 / 8
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Ah, I guess I misunderstand too. You're talking about the setting "Capital City Capture", not "Card Capture". The help file makes it sound like assimilation would still occur, but a capital loses its capital city status upon _any_ capture.

e^ix=cos x + i*sin x. Tell your friends.

8. #8 / 8
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:
    Severene wrote:

I don't think you can.  My guess is that if capture is off you can't take them from neutrals either.  I would need to test it to know for sure though.

This is correct - if 'Capital City Capture' is set to Off then effectively Neutral Capitals are meaningless.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)