219 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #1 / 34
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

If any non-map makers have an idea for a theme for a map that they would like or if any map makers have an idea that they just don't want to do but think it would make a cool map, post it here.

If a Map Maker decides to run with an idea tell us so we aren't all doing the same thing.  I know that some of us like to have our secrets but let's try to keep this site down to 10 or less LOTR themed maps.

I'm RiskyBack and maybe someday one of my maps will get out of the review stage.

When Life Hands You Lemons, Find Someone to Throw them at!

2. #2 / 34
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I want a Ninja Turtles map!!!  I have tinkered with a Technodrome Hordes map, but graphics failed, I've looked for some sort of Turtle Sewer Lair layout, but failed to find anything.  I've tried a few screenshots from the NES game, but failed to really come up with the graphics.  Cram had mentioned the Van level, but 'eh' it wasn't Turtley enough really (still a possibility, but still kind of 'eh').

I also want a cool Ghostbusters map.

Yertle is here.

3. #3 / 34
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I plan to finalize my War of the Ring game (loosely an adaptation of AnA in its most recent incarnation on the other site) on WarGear once Tom introduces simultaneous play. Just an FYI.

4. #4 / 34
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i'd like to get my DK map working (the one i tried on WF), but i don't have the time in the forseeable future.

i'll see what i can find for TMNT and Ghostbusters. my first thought was sort of along the lines of a tower game or my DK map, where you had to fight the foot to the top of the building where shredder awaits. i know i've seen the city map somewhere...

Don't Taze Me Bro!

5. #5 / 34
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I think Ghostbusters will have to wait until you have a team starting scenario feature, but I've had an idea for it but couldn't do it in WF but I bet I could here.

6. #6 / 34
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Also, I hope Toaster will try his adaptation of Diplomacy on WarGear

7. #7 / 34
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

MOTHERLOAD!!!!

here's another with a bunch of images

Don't Taze Me Bro!

8. #8 / 34
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Aye, I've looked there dozens of times for a TMNT map, but still failed (there's not a good Sewer layout there either).
    I still think Risky should remake Gauntlet using a screenshot from there (Gauntlet has quite a few good screenshots for layouts of maps, and can point to some interesting gameplay aspects IMO.)

Yertle is here.

9. #9 / 34
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

oh i agree there's no sewer, i can't recall if there was anything that ever aluded to what their warren looked like, in cartoon or movies (never got into the comics).

instead i was kinda thinking the city map. sort of like reich's small sim city map (never played the big one).

Don't Taze Me Bro!

10. #10 / 34
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

That's the Van level, but doesn't seem Turtley enough.

I've attempted to create graphics with the Water level as well (thought bombs could be helpful in a gameplay), but it's a weird shaped map and couldn't figure out good gameplay either.

Yertle is here.
    Edited Tue 1st Dec 23:07 [history]

11. #11 / 34
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

By the way, that game is REALLY HARD IMO.

Yertle is here.

12. #12 / 34
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote: By the way, that game is REALLY HARD IMO.

yeah i remember spending quite some time on it.

Don't Taze Me Bro!

13. #13 / 34
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

instead i was kinda thinking the city map. sort of like reich's small sim city map (never played the big one).

Reich's small Sim City map is available here on Wargear under his pen name Cramchakle, fyi

Compromise is for when you're wrong and you know it.

14. #14 / 34
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

thanks Cram...i'll have to start a game out when i get back from deer season next week!

Don't Taze Me Bro!

15. #15 / 34
    Standard Member Ender
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I have seen people do many "world" LOTR maps... but how about some intricate Helm's Deep map (2 v 1 maybe?) or (2 v 2) Siege of Gondor...

I would love to see somebody take the site layout of either Fermilab (USA) or CERN (EU) and create a map. These maps could easily be modeled after the concept of "Pirates of Malta" where there are lots of smaller bonus territories.

Can you make boards that are Player 1 wins if they survive X number of turns? All sorts of things could be done with this... Thermopolae, D-Day...

Would love to see the periodic table used as a board (bonuses based on molecular weight of the element?).

When I would play Risk on the board, I would have fun naming my pieces and giving it a little "flavor of RPG". As an army gains experience, possibly they get dice modifiers?

Anyone here play the game Eve-online? There are a fantastic number of maps and historical events that could be replayed... like the Goon invasion of Delve and Querious. Not to mention that some of the ships look damn cool! WTB Jita!

Any way that you can setup a "stock-market" type of game... where the territory bonuses change (either predictable or not) during the course of the game.

I will try to post back here if I get more ideas.

Ender

16. #16 / 34
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I would like to see the introduction of Generals (heroes, leaders, warchiefs, etc.) at some point. Basically mega-units that move around the board and grant some sort of dice modifier, vision, or troop bonus multiplier wherever they're at. Generals would be able to retreat from a lost battle, providing their is an adjoining friendly territory -- the only way to kill a general would be to surround and defeat their territory.

17. #17 / 34
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Cram has that map as a 4v4 team game and it is AWESOME. Never worked quite right on the other site but as soon as we can do teams in the scenario here it'll work great here!

18. #18 / 34
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote: Cram has that map as a 4v4 team game and it is AWESOME. Never worked quite right on the other site but as soon as we can do teams in the scenario here it'll work great here!

which map you talking about Risky?

Don't Taze Me Bro!

19. #19 / 34
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:
    RiskyBack wrote: Cram has that map as a 4v4 team game and it is AWESOME. Never worked quite right on the other site but as soon as we can do teams in the scenario here it'll work great here!

which map you talking about Risky?

Reich's Helmsdeep... that he no longer has listed.

Yertle is here.

20. #20 / 34
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Helmsdeep is no longer listed on Warfish for a long list of reasons, primarily because I can't get it to play out fairly. While I have a version that's pretty close, it's still not quite right. I need options for borders like artillery, view only, and capitals. Turns out, we have those here!

As soon as I can set teams in the scenario builder, I'll get to work bringing the map over. I've only been working on it for about 2 years now, I'd surely love to see it published.

Compromise is for when you're wrong and you know it.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)