1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Is there any way to make a universal factory that discriminates between player owned and neutral?

Factories should not impact neutral territories.  Is there any good reason why this shouldn't be the case?

I'm making a pretty simple game that uses factories (I'm not "programming" with them) and in dev games once the neutrals start to pile up with units, attacking them becomes a poor tactical decision. 

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

2. #2 / 6
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I think I agree with you.  I don't know if anyone has made maps that depend on the neutral contents getting the factory bonus, but it seems like it would be more useful the other way.  Max flexibility of course would be another option to set.

I could see an interesting map made with the current rules.  Imagine a territory with a max of 5 units, and a universal factory of +5 on it, it could be a regenerating wall.   I think you could even kind of make it to be a neutral wall by having abandon an option, and making it a -6 continent, so players would want to abandon it.

3. #3 / 6
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

There probably needs to be a new Rule for this. Alternatively I could just disable factory placement on Neutrals if it wouldn't affect any existing board designs. 

4. #4 / 6
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thanks Tom. The only person that I can think of who might have an issue with it is Ed (for programming reasons).  If you decide on a new option in the pull-down, that would gives us the following choices:

1. Standard (fills only if you own it)
    2. Auto Capture (captures and fills) 
    3. Universal (fills whoever owns it)
    4. Uni sans Neutral

I don't know what else to call it .."Discriminate Universal"? That isn't really clear.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Mon 21st Nov 06:43 [history]

5. #5 / 6
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

"Universal - Players"

or maybe have 'Universal', mean no neutrals, and have 'Universal w/Neutral'.

6. #6 / 6
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Sounds good to me.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)