Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 5
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

When I try to edit my continents for this map:

http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/2607

The long continent names cause the 'Continent Name' drop down list to be very wide.  This pushes everything over to the right.  Now that we have factory & factory type drop downs also this bar is too long and gets cut off.  On Firefox the right side of the map is cut off, and the dropdown/button bar is cut off at the same point as the map, right in the middle of the 'Factory Type' label.  On Chrome I can see the whole image, and can see most of the dropdown/button bar (cut off in the middle of the next button after apply 'Re..' something.)  Unfortunately even though I can see the apply button, when I click it, it doesn't do anything.  IE looks the same as firefox.

2. #2 / 5
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Hmm... the options aren't great - either a redesign, truncation of the continent name display or restricting the maximum continent name length. Ideally the continent name would span to multiple lines in the drop down list when it goes beyond a certain number of characters. Will see if this is possible.

3. #3 / 5
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I had this issue.... try holding control and rolling your wheel.  It should change the size of the frame and fit everything.

Something I've noticed is... sometimes when I set a factory, it changes the factory type to the name of the territory selected as the factory.  I can't figure it out when or why it does it, or whether it changes factory type.

4. #4 / 5
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thanks Ed.  That works.  Also, you can use ctrl & '+' or '-' to change the size.  I worked around it by changing the XML directly.

How about having the bar where all this info is, span two lines?  Put continents, add, edit, delete, continent name & bonus value on one line.  Then factory, factory type, apply & rename on the next line.

5. #5 / 5
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yep we might have to do that.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)