1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 13
    Standard Member SquintGnome
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hello All,

I am new to WarGear and hoping to get some help for The A&A Board.  I am interested in starting a game for two players, one playing the Axis and the others the Allies.  Can you let me know how to assign the territories at the beginning of the game?  When I start it seems that Germany and Western US are the only assigned territories.

If these instructions have already been posted somewhere just point me to the thread.

Tnanks,

Squint

Edited Sun 26th Jun 13:03 [history]

2. #2 / 13
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

SquintGnome wrote:

Hello All,

I am new to WarGear and hoping to get some help for The A&A Board.  I am interested in starting a game for two players, one playing the Axis and the others the Allies.  Can you let me know how to assign the territories at the beginning of the game?  When I start it seems that Germany and Western US are the only assigned territories.

If these instructions have already been posted somewhere just point me to the thread.

Tnanks,

Squint

Hi Squint,

Welcome to Wargear!

Are you trying to start a team game where one team plays the Axis and the other team plays the Allies?  If so, click Create Game, find the Axis and Allies board, and choose one of the first three scenarios.  The first one (Standard) will randomly assign the 5 players to either the Axis or Allies team.  The second scenario will allow each player to choose which team to play. And the third scenario will allow each player to choose which country to play.

If you don't want a team game but instead want to play the Free For All scenario (everybody against each other) with 2 - 5 players, then choose the last two scenarios.  The fourth scenario will be a random assignment and the fifth scenario will be where you can pick which country you want to start as.

Creating a Public game will allow anybody from the site to join, while creating a Private game will allow you to invite specific players.  More info here: http://www.wargear.net/help/display/Joining%20or%20creating%20a%20game

Best of luck and enjoy!

~ATH

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

3. #3 / 13
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Also, since you are a new player, I feel I should warn you just in case you don't know - A&A is a simulgear game which IMO is quite a bit more confusing that a standard map where the rules are more like Risk.

4. #4 / 13
    Standard Member Beastlymaster
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

Also, since you are a new player, I feel I should warn you just in case you don't know - A&A is a simulgear game which IMO is quite a bit more confusing that a standard map where the rules are more like Risk.

+1

~~~~~~~~~~
    So, Beastlymaster, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

5. #5 / 13
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thanks for your detailed response Attila.  I set up a game using option 5 but most of the countries are neutral.  I was expecting some way in the beginning of the game to assign countries to either myself or my opponent to reflect the initial setup on the A&A board.  Are I missing something?

Regards,

Squint

6. #6 / 13
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thanks for your comments Ozyman and Beastly.  I have played A&A online before so I was thinking it wouldn't be much of a stretch, but you may be right that I should cut my teeth first on the easier boards.  I will give it a shot though if Attila can walk me through the startup to see how it goes, if not I will give up for now and try later.

Squint

7. #7 / 13
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman and Beastlymaster, you two should definitely play more of the A&A...we need to increase the experienced cadre of players for that map...and I think your enthusiasm for the map would increase in proportion to your success.

Squintgnome, I encourage you to keep trying the setup til you get it right.  Also, feel free to invite me to a game or two.

8. #8 / 13
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I've only played about 3 SG games, but that one looks pretty cool (and not too complicated), so maybe I'll give it a shot next.

9. #9 / 13
    Standard Member Gimli
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

IMO, the best way to learn SG is Cumberdale's Bomb Factory.

And I think SquintGnome wants to know how 1 player can control Germany and Japan (and Italy) and another player control all 3 Allies nations. And from what I remember, I don't think that can happen.

10. #10 / 13
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yes, Gimli, that is what I was looking to achieve, having a two player game where all the territories are assigned according to the A&A board setup and then having one player control the Axis territories and one player control the Allied territories.  I have played a couple games now, and as you mention, I don't think that the setup I am looking for is in option for this board. It seems that for option 5 you can have a two player game where each player selects a country (color).  But most of the territories are assigned neutral. 

Thanks for your post.

Squint

11. #11 / 13
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

This would have to be setup as a scenario.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

12. #12 / 13
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

SquintGnome wrote:

Yes, Gimli, that is what I was looking to achieve, having a two player game where all the territories are assigned according to the A&A board setup and then having one player control the Axis territories and one player control the Allied territories. ..

Hi Squint -

Yes, the true 2-player scenario (vs. 2 people playing the 5-player FFA scenario) is not yet created...although I believe it's in the works.

I invited you to a private Team game along with Beastlymaster and Ozyman so they can also cut their teeth :)

Regards,

~ATH

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

13. #13 / 13
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thanks Attila.

Squint

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)