193 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 4
    Standard Member NewlyIdle
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

In round robin tourney http://www.wargear.net/tournaments/view/358 my game R6G3 started the moment I completed R3G2.  But I have "Multiple Tournament Rounds" set to unlimited, and both my opponents apparently have it set to at least 2 because they were both live in another game when R6G3 started.

So why didn't R6G3 start much earlier?  "Multiple Tournament Rounds" normally seems to work for me, and I'd been in multiple games earlier in this tourney.  The only thing unusual this time is that a player was missing from R3G2 because they didn't join in time.

Edited Thu 23rd Jun 10:37 [history]

2. #2 / 4
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Could be something to do with caching of player settings - did someone change a setting to 2 recently?

3. #3 / 4
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Since I was apparently the one holding up the start, and I've had the option set to unlimited ever since I discovered it, that doesn't seem like a likely explanation.  Hmm, unless one of the other players had set it to 2 recently, but it was my game terminating that caused it to be noticed?

I'll ask.

4. #4 / 4
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Mad Bomber says he just changed the setting last night.  I guess that makes sense, the changed setting is only noticed when a game termination causes a scan for new opponents for each player in the game just ended.  Mystery solved, thanks.

Is it reasonable to rescan RR tourneys that a player changing the setting is in at the time he changes it?  If the new value is higher, that is.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)