Pages:   12345678   (8 in total)
  1. #61 / 143
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

But both of those aren't all that easy for players to figure out what they are going to get, especially the continent id.  Seems like completely random may be the best way (without the ability to set some trigger/hierarchy).

Still thinking about this...this still is going to not work completely perfect for SG is it?  Say you have Territory A, B, and C that then gives Factory D and Territory D, E, F that gives Factory A.  If Player A has A/B/C and Player B has D/E/F the end result would be both players get the factories and lose a territory of the continent right? Player A with B/C/D and also Player B with E/F/A?

For the record, I still don't completely understand this stuff, so if I'm way off/just causing noise then feel free to ignore this post! :D

With SG the bonus unit calculations will get weird. The factory checks are part of the bonus unit calculations which occur in seat order. So in your example above you would get a different outcome depending on where the player was in the seat order. Overall I would not recommend using this type of design on SG as it is going to cause a lot of confusion.

2. #62 / 143
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I was hoping to be able to simulate motion.  For example, if you take the die showing a 6, on your next turn, you would be moved 6 spaces (auto-capture factory), you would then lose your previous space (negative factory), and lose the die (negative factory) to roll again next turn.  Is this not going to be a possibility?

3. #63 / 143
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yes that should work... would need to see your proposed layout first to be sure!

4. #64 / 143
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Sounds good, I didn't think about the fact that the continent id's change when you copy/import a board.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

5. #65 / 143
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Currently, when you have a factory continent... if you add or remove a territory, it clears factory information... can this change to retain that information?

6. #66 / 143
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I'll add that to the bug list.

7. #67 / 143
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Also, when a factory takes a capital, it doesn't finish performing the capital city actions if the player is eliminated... would it be possible to move back the elimination until after the negative factories revert the empty territories to neutral before triggering the elimination?  

The reason I ask is in Pong, the score board changes from 4-5 from the +1 factories, but never gets rid of the -1's that get rid of the excess 4, resulting in a 9.  I have a lot of ideas for similar functions, and it would be nice to fix that, if it's not too big a problem.  

What happens if one player would take a capital with a factory at the beginning of his turn, but instead got a negtaive factory on his own capital, eliminating him...  Currently, the negative capital wouldn't take effect until after... is that to avoid ties?  If it's just as easy, perhaps the negative factories could happen first instead?

8. #68 / 143
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ed, I barely understand what you're talking about. You fly in the stratosphere.  Pong is brilliant.  

Oh yeah, ..and I want to see my 5!

Wouldn't it be nice if you could "really "play WG boards in real-time?
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Sat 9th Jul 21:29 [history]

9. #69 / 143
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

10. #70 / 143
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Edward Nygma wrote:

Also, when a factory takes a capital, it doesn't finish performing the capital city actions if the player is eliminated... would it be possible to move back the elimination until after the negative factories revert the empty territories to neutral before triggering the elimination?  

This seems like it can be fixed with a naming scheme for your factory continents.  Tom has it set up to pull in alphabetical order so make the eliminating factories last.

The reason I ask is in Pong, the score board changes from 4-5 from the +1 factories, but never gets rid of the -1's that get rid of the excess 4, resulting in a 9.  I have a lot of ideas for similar functions, and it would be nice to fix that, if it's not too big a problem.  

What happens if one player would take a capital with a factory at the beginning of his turn, but instead got a negtaive factory on his own capital, eliminating him...  Currently, the negative capital wouldn't take effect until after... is that to avoid ties?  If it's just as easy, perhaps the negative factories could happen first instead?

I don't think that negative factories should take effect immediately, but should wait until the beginning of the turn afterward taking.

Edited Sat 9th Jul 23:57 [history]

11. #71 / 143
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Currently it seems that all factories register, then 1's are added, then -1's are taken.  If a capital is taken in the +1's the -1's never happen, since the player has been eliminated.  I want it to finish doing the -1's (and emptying the territories they are supposed to) THEN do the capital business.

12. #72 / 143
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I was only suggesting that this might be more easily implemented if the positive continents are added after the negative ones instead of negative ones after positive.

13. #73 / 143
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

There are reasons for both ways, so I think the alphabetical ordering is the correct route to go.

14. #74 / 143
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

That's not how it's happening right now...  Watch how the end of this happens... 1350ish moves in.

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/76091

It appears to add the positive continents, then it takes a capital and immediately finished the game before finishing the negative continents.

15. #75 / 143
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I just want it to finish with the factories before doing the capital elimination.

16. #76 / 143
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Is there gameplay reason for this or is it just a graphical reason?

Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4

17. #77 / 143
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Mainly graphical... but so worth it.  If it could just delay capital elimination until after the negative continents take place... I'd be really... happy? :)    

Ok, no priority on this one... but I'd appreicate it if it's easy.

18. #78 / 143
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Also, eventually could we get a 3rd kind of factory, so the options would be Auto-Assign, Don't capture, and Universal.

Universal factories don't change ownership, but still effect bonus.  eh?

19. #79 / 143
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

And even further into my evil future plans, perhaps factories that provide borders, modifiers and attacks? :)

Mainly attacks...

Edited Mon 11th Jul 05:10 [history]

20. #80 / 143
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

Is there gameplay reason for this or is it just a graphical reason?

I think there are game play reasons, though there might be workarounds.  One could involve looking for a condition (like owning 3 of 5 prescribed territories before granting the factory.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could "really "play WG boards in real-time?
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12345678   (8 in total)