188 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'd like to be able to have my players all start with the standard 3 units, but have the random neutrals start with 6 units.  Is there a way to do this now by setting initial unit counts by player?  If not how about a option under 'initial setup' for ''number of unit counts for neutral territories'.

2. #2 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

Is there a way to do this now by setting initial unit counts by player? 

No, I think actually that initial unit counts by player breaks Neutrals even more (like each Neutral territory gets that amount rather than that amount spread out evenly to Neutral territories).

Only way to do this is via Allocated Neutrals, which isn't very Random :p.  I like the suggestion!

Cumberdale Classics Coming Soon!

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

3. #3 / 8
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

ditto this being a good idea.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

4. #4 / 8
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

OK added to the feature list.

Re: the bug about neutral counts going screwy when setting initial unit counts by player - is fixing this going to break any maps?

5. #5 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

Re: the bug about neutral counts going screwy when setting initial unit counts by player - is fixing this going to break any maps?

I don't believe so.

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

6. #6 / 8
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

OK added to the feature list.

none that I know of, I think most board designers have worked around the bug to get the correct functionality.  With this suggestion, could there also be a setting for a fixed number of neutral territories randomly selected at the start of the game (a refinement of the low, medium, high settings currently).

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

7. #7 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Alpha wrote: With this suggestion, could there also be a setting for a fixed number of neutral territories randomly selected at the start of the game (a refinement of the low, medium, high settings currently).

I would suggest the fixed number be separate from the Low/Medium/High setting of Neutral Territory Count (separate not refined).  The current setting is pretty clever in how it plays a role in distributing player territories evenly.

8. #8 / 8
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    Alpha wrote: With this suggestion, could there also be a setting for a fixed number of neutral territories randomly selected at the start of the game (a refinement of the low, medium, high settings currently).

I would suggest the fixed number be separate from the Low/Medium/High setting of Neutral Territory Count (separate not refined).  The current setting is pretty clever in how it plays a role in distributing player territories evenly.

Sorry, yes, that is what I meant, but didn't really articulate.  Thanks Yertle

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)