177 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Premium Member Cona Chris
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Just a curiosity question, I play the Rockem Sockem board a lot, which is a 2-player SimulGear game.  So, in order to win you have to eliminate your opponent.  A lot of people on the stats page have less eliminations than games (?) and there are some players with no wins but they have eliminations?  Is there some sort of glitch with SimulGear, or am I missing something?

One thing I thought of is that if you knock out the capital to 0 but you also have 0 units left to capture it (so both wiped each other out) the person with the knocked out capital still loses, perhaps that's not counted as an elimination?  That's only explanation I can come up with...

2. #2 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Cona Chris wrote:

Just a curiosity question, I play the Rockem Sockem board a lot, which is a 2-player SimulGear game.  So, in order to win you have to eliminate your opponent.  A lot of people on the stats page have less eliminations than games (?) and there are some players with no wins but they have eliminations?  Is there some sort of glitch with SimulGear, or am I missing something?

One thing I thought of is that if you knock out the capital to 0 but you also have 0 units left to capture it (so both wiped each other out) the person with the knocked out capital still loses, perhaps that's not counted as an elimination?  That's only explanation I can come up with...

Less eliminations than games could be due to boots.  Win but don't have to eliminate anyone, same is seen on Risky's Episode I board.

The Eliminations without a win has me stumped, unless Eliminations may be counting Tournament games or Dev games (although I don't think this is it as I can't see how Gimli has an Elimination), perhaps Private games but again I think Gimli breaks this line of thinking too.  Private Dev games?  I don't see a way to eliminate yourself sooooo... *shrug*

The 0 and 0 shouldn't play a factor as I think the attacking player actually takes a hold of the territory with 0 units as seen here:

92 January 27, 2011 04:41 PM 2 Midnight Society attacked Jigler Blue Right Arm > Red Head with 1 unit (75% vs 75%) AL1 / DL1

75% vs 75% 1 1
    93 January 27, 2011 04:41 PM
    Neutralised Red Head with 0 units

94 January 27, 2011 04:41 PM 2 Midnight Society captured Capital Red Head

95 January 27, 2011 04:41 PM
    Neutralised The Red Corner with 1 unit

96 January 27, 2011 04:41 PM
    Neutralised Red Right Arm with 1 unit

97 January 27, 2011 04:41 PM
    Neutralised Blue Right Leg with 3 units

98 January 27, 2011 04:41 PM
    Neutralised Blue Left Leg with 3 units

99 January 27, 2011 04:41 PM
    Neutralised Red Left Arm with 1 unit

100 January 27, 2011 04:41 PM
    Neutralised Red Left Leg with 3 units

101 January 27, 2011 04:41 PM 2 Midnight Society eliminated Jigler

102 January 27, 2011 04:41 PM 2 Game won by Midnight Society

(Although I didn't really think that was supposed to happen, so maybe that's not completely it.)  Either way that game shows an elimination by MS so I would think it should get counted on his profile.

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

3. #3 / 8
    Standard Member CK66
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I too have wondered this; however, I have come to think of it as my boxing record. So, I'm 12-5 with 10 KO's (my left hook is devastating) {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

4. #4 / 8
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

CK66 wrote:

I too have wondered this; however, I have come to think of it as my boxing record. So, I'm 12-5 with 10 KO's (my left hook is devastating) {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

You're the fraking Stay Puff Marshmellow Man, of course your left hook is gonna be devastating, you're the size of a building!

People Always Leave

5. #5 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote:

You're the fraking Stay Puff Marshmellow Man, of course your left hook is gonna be devastating, you're the size of a building!

Speaking of, I still want a Ghostbusters board!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

6. #6 / 8
    Premium Member Cona Chris
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    Cona Chris wrote:

Less eliminations than games could be due to boots.  Win but don't have to eliminate anyone, same is seen on Risky's Episode I board.

The Eliminations without a win has me stumped, unless Eliminations may be counting Tournament games or Dev games (although I don't think this is it as I can't see how Gimli has an Elimination), perhaps Private games but again I think Gimli breaks this line of thinking too.  Private Dev games?  I don't see a way to eliminate yourself sooooo... *shrug*

The 0 and 0 shouldn't play a factor as I think the attacking player actually takes a hold of the territory with 0 units as seen here:

92 January 27, 2011 04:41 PM 2 Midnight Society attacked Jigler Blue Right Arm > Red Head with 1 unit (75% vs 75%) AL1 / DL1

75% vs 75% 1 1
    93 January 27, 2011 04:41 PM
    Neutralised Red Head with 0 units

94 January 27, 2011 04:41 PM 2 Midnight Society captured Capital Red Head

95 January 27, 2011 04:41 PM
    Neutralised The Red Corner with 1 unit

96 January 27, 2011 04:41 PM
    Neutralised Red Right Arm with 1 unit

97 January 27, 2011 04:41 PM
    Neutralised Blue Right Leg with 3 units

98 January 27, 2011 04:41 PM
    Neutralised Blue Left Leg with 3 units

99 January 27, 2011 04:41 PM
    Neutralised Red Left Arm with 1 unit

100 January 27, 2011 04:41 PM
    Neutralised Red Left Leg with 3 units

101 January 27, 2011 04:41 PM 2 Midnight Society eliminated Jigler

102 January 27, 2011 04:41 PM 2 Game won by Midnight Society

(Although I didn't really think that was supposed to happen, so maybe that's not completely it.)  Either way that game shows an elimination by MS so I would think it should get counted on his profile

Definitely not boots, as no one has been booted in the Rockem Sockem games that I have played, and then how can people who lost get an elimination?  Just an oddity...

And from your other post Yertle - a Ghostbusters board would be awesome!

Edited Fri 28th Jan 17:29 [history]

7. #7 / 8
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Ok, for the Ghostbusters map, I have an idea and I will work on it this weekend.

What do you think about a combination of Salem's Dusk & Risky Kong?

People Always Leave

8. #8 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote:

Ok, for the Ghostbusters map, I have an idea and I will work on it this weekend.

What do you think about a combination of Salem's Dusk & Risky Kong?

W000t W000t!

I've looked for graphics before, but never had very good luck.  I look forward to your rendition!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)