Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I think I'm doing this right.  I created a view-only border on this map:

http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/1532

I made a new border that is view-only and one-way from "Disk 2" to "6".  Then I save the map, and go export the xml. 

Here are the territories:

<territory id="1437707" tid="29" boardid="1532" name="Disk 2" xpos="713" ypos="330" max_units="0" scenario_type="0" scenario_seat="0" scenario_units="0" />

<territory id="1437683" tid="5" boardid="1532" name="6" xpos="597" ypos="298" max_units="0" scenario_type="0" scenario_seat="0" scenario_units="0" />
    But I don't see any border between them, and every border has the attribute type="Default".

2. #2 / 6
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hey Tom.   Any chance you'll get to work on this one?  I have a map with a couple of 'watch tower' territories, and I can't seem to add all of their view-only borders in the map, because they start to criss-cross over the territories, and then I can't select the territories to add the borders.  I thought it might be easiest to just add them to the XML and then import my changes, but I don't know what value I need to give the 'type' attribute, or even if the importer knows to check for something besides default.

3. #3 / 6
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

I can't seem to add all of their view-only borders in the map, because they start to criss-cross over the territories, and then I can't select the territories to add the borders.

Leaving the Border tab/drop-down and coming back to it will place all the borders underneath the territories so that you can then click on the territories easier.  Of course seeing graphically can still be tough in some circumstances (in which something like a Hide Borders button may be cool to see on that tab).

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

4. #4 / 6
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I will get to this one as soon as I can Ozyman, don't worry it is on the todo list!

5. #5 / 6
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

When I exported the board it included the border from T29 to T5. I think what may be happening is you are getting a cached version of the board export - I disabled caching of this info a while back but if you exported it while it was set to cache then that setting will be retained.

A quick fix is to copy the board to a new one and export again, it should include the view only border then. Can you let me know if that works?

6. #6 / 6
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I did not have to copy the board, but just trying the export again worked for me now!  Thanks for the quick response Tom!  And thanks for the work-around Yertle!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)