219 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

In a Turn Based Territory Selection game (crazy dumb, yep) the "Randomly Select All Remaining Territories" button is present, which when clicked does do what it says and then Apply becomes enabled, but clicking on it does nothing.

There is also the counter for number of remaining territories to select, which just seems confusing for turn based selection.

Fog appears to break everything, in this game: http://www.wargear.net/games/player/41749 The custom fog shows, which then means you can't see occupied territories so when you click on one you get the "You may only select an unoccupied territory" error.  Also, Yertle's first selection went fine (once I found an open territory), but every territory on the board for Yurog has the "You may only select an unoccupied territory" error, so I can't make a selection. 

There's probably not a best case scenario for the the Fog, but I would guess Fog territories that are occupied and could you do the Black/Grey stripes for the territories that are selectable (whether Non-Work mode or Work mode), and actually the Black/Grey would probably be good to add for non-Fog games in Work mode as currently the territories show through to the solid Black backdrop which could be decieving with a Black player color.

So, just a few minor issues and one big issue, looks like all other aspects are good (ie game initializes fine after territory selection).

Thanks!

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

2. #2 / 7
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

Fog appears to break everything, in this game: http://www.wargear.net/games/player/41749 The custom fog shows, which then means you can't see occupied territories so when you click on one you get the "You may only select an unoccupied territory" error.  Also, Yertle's first selection went fine (once I found an open territory), but every territory on the board for Yurog has the "You may only select an unoccupied territory" error, so I can't make a selection. 

Any luck with this one?  Kind of a show-stopper for one of my boards.

Also, would it be possible that the Error window goes away with hitting Enter rather than forcing a click of OK.

*edit* Realized this was kind of a jerk thing to ask so soon.  Sorry and no rush.

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

Edited Mon 27th Dec 20:02 [history]

3. #3 / 7
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Sorry Yertle I have a bit of  queue of stuff at the moment, I will get to it asap!

4. #4 / 7
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Just bumping this one to see if there's any luck with it or an ETA, should I just remove this scenario for a while?

5. #5 / 7
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Oops it dropped off the radar - I'll revisit.

6. #6 / 7
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Should be fixed now. It might not quite be perfect visually but it fixes the bugs you found.

7. #7 / 7
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Works great!  I think the Neutral color is an awesome fix!  Very clever!

Thanks!

Edited Mon 17th Jan 12:58 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)