220 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

It appears/I assume that height/width dimensions of a Board are Cached for the Flash Player and don't update when the Board image updates to contain different dimensions.  Looks like the Flash Player just starts truncating from the right side of the board and throw excess away.  Seems like that's not right...

That or why is part of my board getting cut off?! Smile

Thanks!

=Tyler

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

2. #2 / 8
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Did this fix itself or is it still a problem Yertle? It should update the next time the page is refreshed - it can't do it on a reload as the Flash dimensions are fixed by the page and can't be changed dynamically.

3. #3 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Nope, I can't seem to get the last 2-ish columns of Pixels to show up in the Flash Player for Colossal Crusade.  Should be 1026: http://www.wargear.net/games/player/40803

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

4. #4 / 8
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

How about now? If not can you send me a screenshot of how it's appearing for you?

5. #5 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Flash Player: http://gyazo.com/feac1bffdf16294979777e94da232f30.png

Board Image: http://www.wargear.net/rest/GetBoardImage/1670?gameid=40803

Notice the right side and how a couple of pixels are cut off in the Flash Player (the black line in the Flash Player is the Player Border).

*For the record, I'm sorry I'm annoying/OCD about this, so mainly if there isn't a bigger issue then don't worry about it.  I thought I seen it occur in another board, but for that one a Refresh a few minutes later did fix it, but this board isn't.  So really feel free to ignore or put on hold until it really is a bigger issue or if others notice. Thanks!* Smile

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

6. #6 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

So, for what it's worth I think I figured this out.

Warning: Potential useless information below!

It appears that if Player Border is On (Settings tab of Board Designer), then in the Flash Player of a game, the width is a minimum of 980 and if above 980 then it is the width of the board.  What then happens if the board is above 980, which we will call X, is that the Player Border is drawn on Pixel column 1 and Pixel column X, the Board image then starts on Pixel column 2 and is drawn to Pixel column X-1.  In the end what this essentially means is that 2 Pixels of the width from the right side of the board will be shaved off if your board is 980 or greater (1 pixel if 979) and the Player Border is On.  And there is your useless information that no one else would probably care about or notice!  Nothing needs done IMO probably, but just one of those nice to knows {#emotions_dlg.eek}

7. #7 / 8
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thanks, this is very useful information, but seriously, why not have a window width = X+2 if border is on so that this is no longer an issue?

Another question, why is there a toggle for player border in the first place?  I always wonder what that was.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

8. #8 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Alpha wrote:

Another question, why is there a toggle for player border in the first place?  I always wonder what that was.

Just for looks.  "Unboxed" just look more seemless for some boards, Cram has used this well IMO.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)