218 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 10
    Standard Member zdisabled_bd0bea75
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I'm playing a game called "m" on the board "Atomic Transporters" (http://www.wargear.net/games/view/26215).  I turned in cards, but when the screen returned to the board, "Place" is greyed out so I cannot click on it.  Only "Attack", "Fortify" and "End Turn" are available for me to click on.  I tried reloading, but that didn't work.  It won't let me place any units.  The history for my turn says:

"Polly Graff received xx units"

"Polly Graff traded cards (CCW) for xx units"

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks,

Polly Graff

2. #2 / 10
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

My guess would be you left all those troops in Reserve (since Rule is Unlimited in Reserve) and went to Attack phase in which you cannot return to placement due to the Rules. Could be an easy mis-click after turning your cards in you hit Accept of the Place phase, but if it truly went from card turn-in to Attack then that would be a new bug.

3. #3 / 10
    Premium Member Livia
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

I thought the same thing too, but I thought the history would show that action (would it?). Also, shouldn't Polly Graff be able to return to placement since she hasn't attacked yet? If Fortify is clicked, but not acted upon, return to Attack is still allowed even when "Return to attack after fortify" is set to Off.

4. #4 / 10
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Livia wrote: I thought the same thing too, but I thought the history would show that action (would it?). Also, shouldn't Polly Graff be able to return to placement since she hasn't attacked yet? If Fortify is clicked, but not acted upon, return to Attack is still allowed even when "Return to attack after fortify" is set to Off.

Nope, there isn't any History entry showing phase switching, nor when units go in Reserve.

Returning to Place prior to any Attack has been brought up a few times, and you are correct that it is slightly different from how you can return to Attack from Fortify prior to a fortify, but that's how it's always been.  Personally, I believe I'm in favor of returning to Place from Attack prior to Attack but would probably take another discussion or finding those old posts to ensure there wasn't a good reason to not allow it :p.

5. #5 / 10
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I reverted to the placement phase for you Polly - I think what Yertle says is correct, I should add a log entry for e.g. 'Placed zero units' to make this situation clear in the log.

6. #6 / 10
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Eh, multiple entries in History for Return to Place On for just clicking back and forth seems weird.

7. #7 / 10
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Livia wrote:  If Fortify is clicked, but not acted upon, return to Attack is still allowed even when "Return to attack after fortify" is set to Off.

It's the "apply" button that can mess you up.  If that gets clicked then your done placing units whether you want to be or not. 

It would be nice if you could keep placing after the apply button is pressed (as long as you haven't done anything else yet) for those times when you click on the wrong thing.

8. #8 / 10
    Standard Member zdisabled_bd0bea75
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Thanks for reverting it so I could place my units. I appreciate it : )

9. #9 / 10
    Standard Member bigred
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

tom wrote: I reverted to the placement phase for you Polly - I think what Yertle says is correct, I should add a log entry for e.g. 'Placed zero units' to make this situation clear in the log.

I'm having a similar problem and didn't want to start a new thread.  It's game ID  39064.  Would it be possible to revert me back to placement phase?

Thanks in advance

10. #10 / 10
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

bigred wrote:
    tom wrote: I reverted to the placement phase for you Polly - I think what Yertle says is correct, I should add a log entry for e.g. 'Placed zero units' to make this situation clear in the log.

I'm having a similar problem and didn't want to start a new thread.  It's game ID  39064.  Would it be possible to revert me back to placement phase?

Thanks in advance

Done.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)