Axis & Allies 3v3
wikilinks page: http://www.wargear.net/wiki/doku.php?id=boards:axis_v_allies_3v3:axis_v_allies_3v3&#strategies_and_tips
This map differs from Toaster's original game in the following ways:
Inclusion of 6th 'power', Italy. Italy now goes first in turn order.
Inclusion of neutrals into play. Taking a neutral incurs a penalty bonus as indicated on the map, but some neutrals may be worth the effort to take. Note - Turkey and SE Europe are now bordered.
Extra firepower/protection for Capitols...they defend and attack with an additional +5% advantage (UK with +10% due to relatie local air superiority and huge surface fleet). Capitols: Italy - Northern Italy USSR - Russia proper Germany - East Germany United Kingdom - England Japan - Japan proper US - Eastern US
Small changes to troop allotments and to a few country unit caps (though no change to formula for how max units is calculated). Some countries have been split into 2 spots.
1) Capital Cities - if a nation loses it's capitol city, the conquering power takes over 40% of it's holdings. In the very rare instance when a nation takes a capitol and loses one in the same turn, it will remain active.
2) Strategic bombing - Each capital (exception of US, which has bomber command located in W. China) has a limited (5 units max) bomber command which can attack as artillery to adjacent capitols and a range (radius) of nearby territories. Furthermore, the US and Japan have an added bombing capability in the Pacific (Japan at New Guinea and US at Hawaii) and UK has an air base at Gibraltar. Bombers attack at 85% offensive dice and AA only hits at 25% rate. Gibraltar's percentages are slightly lower.
3) For the factory placement scenario, only placement is allowed on territories with factory icons and bomber locations. This is mostly the capitals and capital/bombers but also a handful of other spots. In this scenario, South Africa's, Pearl Harbor and New Guinnea's max units are 10, but unit placement is allowed. Also, both Australia's unix max is 5, but unit placement is also allowed. Bombers also attack with an additional 5% chance to hit and -5% chance of getting hit. Finally, in this scenario, northern Africa and southern Africa have more connections to each other (in the classic version, they were only connected via Egypt). Finally, base to-hit percentages are 65%/75% (base scenario is 70%/80%).
1) Basic (capitol elimination/assimilation)
2) pick your role (capitols)
3) Factory placement only
4) Land placement only
5) No neutrals
Bonuses, Limits and Dice