211 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 4
    Standard Member AntiScourge
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I'm not sure what causes this, but occasionally when attempting to login to Google Chrome, it doesn't login, it just goes back to the Login Prompt.  Google Chrome is my preferred browser at home, and what I usually use to play, but like right now, I had to login using Firefox.

Another login 'issue' is that when you play from two different locations, the login information won't stay saved.  I'm sure this has to do with how Tom has setup the login, but I was wondering what it could take to get this resolved.

Lastly, out of curiousity.. What language is used for the site?

2. #2 / 4
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I haven't tested the site with Chrome, did you try closing all browser windows and trying again? Could be an issue with session cookies.

The login from two locations thing is by design - the original login code was taken from a site I developed a while back which needed higher security than a gaming site. I'd like to make it less restrictive and allow multiple simultaneous logins but it's not a high priority right now.

The site is written in PHP / MySQL.

3. #3 / 4
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Yeah, actually the first time it happened to me I thought the site was broken. Over almost two days and many different browser windows including at least one restart I was unable to login. I finally tried Firefox and realized it was something with Chrome causing the issue.

4. #4 / 4
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

It's working again from Chrome now.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)