211 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Standard Member legonate
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I cleaned up the graphics, and retired my old New York board, but did not realize there was games being played on it. Will this affect the rankings on the board? Will this mess up the games? 

2. #2 / 8
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

So wait, you made a completely new board? Or just a different version? If it's a completely new board, then it should be completely separate from the old board, but I'm not sure that's actually what happened. Perhaps someone with more experience will stop by and be more help, sorry =/.

Give a man fire and he's warm for a day... but set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

3. #3 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I think Vataro brings up the right questions. You should create just a new VERSION and not a new Board, then once the new Version is ready, you can retire the old version and make the new version Live.

4. #4 / 8
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote: I think Vataro brings up the right questions. You should create just a new VERSION and not a new Board, then once the new Version is ready, you can retire the old version and make the new version Live.

For reference, this is referred to as PROMOTING an updated version to live, which automatically retires the older version.

5. #5 / 8
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Glad I'm not completely retarded at least. ;)

Give a man fire and he's warm for a day... but set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

6. #6 / 8
    Standard Member legonate
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I made a new version, not a completely new board. Sorry I wasn't very descriptive.

7. #7 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

legonate wrote:

Will this affect the rankings on the board? Will this mess up the games? 

Then to answer your questions, Rankings should convert over to the new version (as do Ratings) and all existing games will complete play on the version they were begun on, only newly started games (on the new version) will see the changes.

8. #8 / 8
    Standard Member legonate
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

thanks

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)