2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    Standard Member SaphuA
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Hello,

I was just about to test my new map, but I noticed that the thumbnail isn't working.

How can I fix this?

http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/852

2. #2 / 6
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

My guess, looking at the two images you have uploaded, is that you're trying to use the dual-layer feature incorrectly. Your board image should contain all the decorative detail for the board, and should be at least partially transparent where you want your fill territories to show through. Your fill image should contain only mono-color fill areas of your territories and nothing else.

3. #3 / 6
    Standard Member SaphuA
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Thanks for your reply.

I'm pretty sure I've done everything according to what you said. Even so, none of the images are completely black, so I'm pretty sure the thumbnail isn't generated correctly.

4. #4 / 6
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Your Fill image only needs the little pink circles, and really they aren't even needed. Just place the pink circles (or black or whatever) on the Board image and make the map a Single Layer.

Of course, even still, it doesn't really make sense why your image is all Black, but doing the above may eliminate the all Black problem.

5. #5 / 6
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yeah, from what I'm seeing you've repeated your detail (i.e. the grass, trees, ice, etc.) in your fill image, when all you would need is the pink circles surrounded by transparency. However, Yertle's right that there's no reason to attempt dual-layer for this board as you're not utilizing it's advantages (which are to add texture, shadows, and the like to your fill territories).

6. #6 / 6
    Standard Member SaphuA
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Thanks for the replies.

I added the detail to the lower layer as well for testing, but thanks for explaining.

The thumbnail magically worked after re-uploading the image. Not sure why though.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)