228 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #21 / 25
    Where's the armor? Mongrel
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

You would have to leave 100 units behind.

2. #22 / 25
    Standard Member EnixNeo
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Mongrel wrote: You would have to leave 100 units behind.

So it would test choke points, borders, starting position, etc while eliminating dice roll variations I suppose.  Although if used for testing purposes that way, I think you should have to commit to attacking, fortifying, and reinforcing by numbers divisible by 100 (i.e. attack with 600 or reinforce in 200).  Since on a normal setup you cant commit 3.5 units to defend Australia.

3. #23 / 25
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

EnixNeo wrote:

Although if used for testing purposes that way, I think you should have to commit to attacking, fortifying, and reinforcing by numbers divisible by 100 (i.e. attack with 600 or reinforce in 200).  Since on a normal setup you cant commit 3.5 units to defend Australia.

That's tricky, since the numbers will be uneven after the first attack. As an approximation to reality, I think 350 units in a spot is OK. Definitely fortifying and placing can be done in 100's.

4. #24 / 25
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

It would be far more accurate to develop an AI capable of playing itself (well) several hundred times to achieve the same statistical effect of the Law of Large Numbers which you're trying to get to by boosting the unit count by an order of magnitude (which is really tricky to do, fyi).

5. #25 / 25
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Along these lines, I wish you could plug a board into a machine that could vomit out a "fun factor" number.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)