1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 15
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Of course, you can use one of those many other threads (or start another) to complain about the time you attacked with 10 and couldn't take out a single unit. Let's see how many times we can use this thread to boast about the times we were able to defend with a single unit successfully against an attacking stack of 10!

After all, it happens just as often.

Edited Tue 5th Mar 11:45 [history]

2. #2 / 15
    Standard Member Abraham the Mage
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:Of course, you can use one of those many other threads (or start another) to complain about the time you attacked with 10 and couldn't take out a single unit. Let's see how many times we can use this thread to boast about the times we were able to defend with a single unit successfully against an attacking stack of 10!

After all, it happens just as often.

Where do I order one? ; )

Definitely does happen, though. Gotta love the vagaries of luck.

3. #3 / 15
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Abraham the Mage wrote:

You did catch that the two scenarios I described are identical, right? In one you are attacking, and in the other you are defending. It's just a matter which side of the equation you happen to be on.

For every time you experience bad luck, someone else must experience an equal amount of good luck. I call it WarGear's 3rd Law (of Favoritism).

Edited Tue 5th Mar 19:54 [history]

4. #4 / 15
    Standard Member BTdubs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

In one of my turns today, my 1 attacker defeated 3 foes to claim a key city in a civil war campaign. expected result: -1 troop to me. Actual result, -3 enemy troops, -5 enemy bonus, and who knows, maybe I will even keep the city.

5. #5 / 15
    Standard Member Johasi Vidad
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Biggest thing for at least asynchronous play is unlike real life risk we're not watching as the move is slowly rolled out attacks to even up everything that happens in a game

6. #6 / 15
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Johasi Vidad wrote:Biggest thing for at least asynchronous play is unlike real life risk we're not watching as the move is slowly rolled out attacks to even up everything that happens in a game

Also, anyone on the favored side of the 'scenario'I described is unlikely to know that it ever happened unless they go back and look at the history. What I needed to do was create a scenario example that is favorable to the attacker. For instance, winning a 10 v 20 battle. (< 5% probability).

7. #7 / 15
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Today I won a key 6 vs 3 battle, doesn't seem that great, BUT it came down to a 1v1 attack which I won and will allow me to get an extra bonus on my next turn. Started bad but ended good when I was most desperate for a good roll.

If I find a piece of UNBELIEVABLE good luck, I will be sure to post.

8. #8 / 15
    Standard Member Abraham the Mage
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:Abraham the Mage wrote:

You did catch that the two scenarios I described are identical, right? In one you are attacking, and in the other you are defending. It's just a matter which side of the equation you happen to be on.

For every time you experience bad luck, someone else must experience an equal amount of good luck. I call it WarGear's 3rd Law (of Favoritism).

Oh, sure. Only I'm mired in a slide where I'm only seeing the losing side of attacking and defending (See the thread about those darn Shaky-rocks which is referenced at the top of this thread).

9. #9 / 15
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Abishai wrote:Today I won a key 6 vs 3 battle, doesn't seem that great, BUT it came down to a 1v1 attack which I won and will allow me to get an extra bonus on my next turn. Started bad but ended good when I was most desperate for a good roll.

Man that shit stresses me out. Especially on elimination runs.

Edited Thu 7th Mar 11:43 [history]

10. #10 / 15
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

My last memorable good luck roll happened when I had 12vs16. I wasn't planning on taking the territory, but wanted to degrade the unit count. Hit A and *poof* took it with 5 units left.

11. #11 / 15
    Standard Member agwyvern
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Not my game, but just saw the first turn in https://www.wargear.net/games/player/81418511 --- Holy Smoke! Shredder took Oz from Siam (7 vs 3/3/3/3) and lost only *1* unit in the process.

12. #12 / 15
    Premium Member Twobeard
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I had no business winning the game. I was just in the right place at the right time.

Zinman had a successful attack on the crown on War of Roses; however, they were left with only 3 units on the crown to pursue eliminations and failed.

My turn followed. I did a double take when I saw the crown had a single unit and was red. I placed 8 on the mercenary and the rest is history.

Zinman's crown attack begins at 1713:

https://www.wargear.net/games/player/81386514

13. #13 / 15
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Twobeard wrote:
    Zinman had a successful attack on the crown on War of Roses; however, they were left with only 3 units on the crown to pursue eliminations and failed.

Yeah, It's uncommon but it does happen. It's nice to be in the right place at the right time. Enjoy the gift win.

Of course, you've gotta feel sorry for Zinman, but ultimately to become king you have be able to take out ALL of the claimants to the throne.

14. #14 / 15
    Premium Member Rictuar
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

this game https://www.wargear.net/games/view/81423161 against babbalouie that i am currently playing in a tourney is absolutely broken

i basically started with 2 continents and won every roll

15. #15 / 15
    Standard Member agwyvern
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

That's ridiculously impressive. Yeah, looks like you did not lose any battles that you initiated, and you lost only 17 units total while attacking.

Yikes!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)