231 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Standard Member agwyvern
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I understand that in a non-tourney game, terminating a game has a no-win, no-lose result (nobody's stats get affected).

What happens, though, if you terminate a game in a tourney?

I'm in a mostly-stalemated game currently (micro mission tourney) and a termination vote has been offered.

If that vote goes through, does it do the same thing (i.e., no W, no L), or does it restart the game?

(I'm averse to terminating it if there is no 'do-over', since the 'W' is the important stat. And I have *no idea* how it would affect a 3-round swiss-system tourney ( https://www.wargear.net/tournaments/view/3850).

Plus ... it's 'mostly-stalemated' -- I can see an end to the game, but that's *MANY* rounds away :-))

2. #2 / 7
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

There is no do-over. All the players combined get 1 point. So if it's a 2-man you get 0.5 each. If it's a 3-man you get 0.33 each. A 4-man will give you 0.25 each. And so on.

Note that in an elimination tournament you're all eliminated.

Edited Mon 29th Jan 18:05 [history]

3. #3 / 7
    Standard Member agwyvern
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Much appreciated --- I figured it would be something other than a do-over :-)

4. #4 / 7
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

if you terminate in an elim tourney; unlikely that anyone in that game moves on. i daresay that no one would, but i'm not good with probabilities. there might be some corner case where one could, but i suspect only if multiple games in that round are terminated.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

5. #5 / 7
    Standard Member agwyvern
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Thanks.

The variant I'm really confused about (to guess how things would work out) is Swiss System.

(That being said ... I can see several ways that this particular game could *eventually* work itself out.)

Edited Sat 3rd Feb 15:06 [history]

6. #6 / 7
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

agwyvern wrote:Thanks.
    The variant I'm really confused about (to guess how things would work out) is Swiss System.
    (That being said ... I can see several ways that this particular game could *eventually* work itself out.)

Looking at the tourney, a termination will give you all 0.25 points. You'll be ahead of those with 0. 2.25 points might easily be enough to win the tourney. Though no guarantee.

7. #7 / 7
    Standard Member agwyvern
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Thanks, much appreciated. I think ... I'll keep going :-) !

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)