1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #21 / 27
    Standard Member agwyvern
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

bwahahahahahaha!

Of course, it's still a viable strategy -- you just have to hide a big pocket army somewhere inconspicuous and leave a trail of singletons leading to it, to suck your opponents in :-)

2. #22 / 27
    Premium Member Twobeard
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

BTdubs wrote:Note to self to occasionally just say GG in fogged games for no reason at all.

I love this.

I'm also wondering, is there any way that a eliminated player could be respawned? Maybe a question for another thread. But I would love a way - especially in teams - to get back in a game.

3. #23 / 27
    Standard Member BTdubs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

https://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Dungeon" target="_blank"> https://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Dungeon

This board might interest you twobeard.

Not exactly what you are asking for, though

4. #24 / 27
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Twobeard wrote:BTdubs wrote:Note to self to occasionally just say GG in fogged games for no reason at all.

I love this.

I'm also wondering, is there any way that a eliminated player could be respawned? Maybe a question for another thread. But I would love a way - especially in teams - to get back in a game.

The short answer is yes, though technically for stats purposes, no. By using factories, a series of invisible off-board territories can 'programmed' to respawn a player that has been eliminated from the map. I wouldn't be surprised if Edward Nygma has an active design or two that does this. I know he's been working on a capture the flag game that respawns a player after they are eliminated from the map by putting them in jail, and subsequently respawns them on their home base after they have been 'tagged' by a teammate. Factories used in this manner are clunky in that the 'programming' necessary to make them function can take a number of turns. Imo that's not a bad thing if the delay fits in with the theme of the game.

Edited Sat 6th Jan 12:47 [history]

5. #25 / 27
    Standard Member BTdubs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I think a dodgeball board would fit this mechanic/concept thematically.

6. #26 / 27
    Premium Member lx260
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:Knowing how many players left is useful but not often game-changing. (and certainly don't risk fake-surrendering if there is a chance there is only 1 other player left.)

I had just eliminated Blue and Yellow, just traded in two sets for a total of 74, and just wanted to see how many players were left...

https://www.wargear.net/games/view/81409334

😪

Edited Thu 25th Jan 14:57 [history]

7. #27 / 27
    Standard Member agwyvern
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Sorry, that made me laugh :-)

(Why? Because once I saw this thread, I started doing periodic checks on status on some of the larger games, and have worried that that would happen to *me*!)

My condolences!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)