229 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 12
    Standard Member agwyvern
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

For anybody who whinges and moans about how unfair the dice are ....

If you are using the 'A' or 'T' attack option from the Attack box .... DON'T.

Seriously. It's not complicated. Do single attacks with 3 units, and stop if things aren't going your way. That way if you are doing a "15 on 4" (as one complainer whinged about very recently) and find that you are down to (for example, 8 v 4), you can quit without digging your hole any deeper.

NOTE: I myself have bemoaned my fate in such circumstances, and shrug it off and/or note that I should have *not* used A to attack, since I have only myself to blame.

2. #2 / 12
    Standard Member BTdubs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I think I might disagree. Hear me out:

I think it is very important to attach huge emotional importance to the outcome of a randomized event, then recognize that since you don’t have any degree of maturity whatsoever, the best next step is to proceed to launch attacks from every territory you currently own, no matter how ill-advised that might be strategically. You may in fact prefer to use the “1” button, rather than the “3” button, for better accountability as to which of these electronic/ theoretical dice is specifically responsible for undermining your entire existence. I think this is an especially important procedure to follow in games where, if you instead paused, considered, and adapted your strategy now that you’ve had a run of bad luck, you could still gut out a victory. Whichever key you use remember speed is of the essence. It is very very important not to allow your synapses to cool off and adjust to the new reality that your troops have suffered a mildly improbably setback.

Once you have zero legal moves remaining, make sure you proceed to the comments section to announce that your understanding of statistics is both poor and egocentric. Rage, rage against the existence of tail ends on bell curves!

You won’t win more games by taking my advice, but I sure will.

3. #3 / 12
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

😂

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

4. #4 / 12
    Standard Member agwyvern
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

BTdubs wrote:I think I might disagree. Hear me out:

I think it is very important to attach huge emotional importance to the outcome of a randomized event, then recognize that since you don’t have any degree of maturity whatsoever, the best next step is to proceed to launch attacks from every territory you currently own, no matter how ill-advised that might be strategically. You may in fact prefer to use the “1” button, rather than the “3” button, for better accountability as to which of these electronic/ theoretical dice is specifically responsible for undermining your entire existence. I think this is an especially important procedure to follow in games where, if you instead paused, considered, and adapted your strategy now that you’ve had a run of bad luck, you could still gut out a victory. Whichever key you use remember speed is of the essence. It is very very important not to allow your synapses to cool off and adjust to the new reality that your troops have suffered a mildly improbably setback.

Once you have zero legal moves remaining, make sure you proceed to the comments section to announce that your understanding of statistics is both poor and egocentric. Rage, rage against the existence of tail ends on bell curves!

oh.

my.

GOD!

That was brilliant. I *literally* laughed out loud for an extended period :-)

5. #5 / 12
    Standard Member Abraham the Mage
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

BTdubs wrote:I think I might disagree. Hear me out:

Thanks for the advice! Can't wait to try it!

6. #6 / 12
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I have certainly loaded a game to find an opponent all down to 1's. Initially it is "What the hell happened?" then a quick look at history and it is clear there was a temper tantrum.

7. #7 / 12
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

In those cases, they frequently surrender immediately

8. #8 / 12
    Premium Member Mad Bomber
    Rank
    5 Star General
    Rank Posn

BTdubs, from my experience, is a top ten verbiagalist

i want equal amounts of blueberry's
    I play on any field of battle...not just three boards

9. #9 / 12
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Top tier rant BTdubs 🤣

10. #10 / 12
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

+1

11. #11 / 12
    Standard Member BTdubs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

They say to write what you know…

12. #12 / 12
    Standard Member ishim
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Abraham the Mage wrote:In those cases, they frequently surrender immediately

Yeah I get it whatever.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)