231 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Standard Member Abraham the Mage
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

I just caught myself responding to old game chats from games I lost three weeks ago. Am I the only one who does this, or is it common behavior? Does anyone even look at their old games to see if there are new messages, or, again, is it just me?

Am I going crazy? Did it happen long ago? Are we all crazy together?

2. #2 / 8
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I go back once in awhile and see the ones I missed. Rarely though there is one worth replying to.

I do wish that we had on our home screen a "games/tournaments with unread messages" box

3. #3 / 8
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

About 1 or 2x a year I will change my games to display finished instead of live, and click on all the games with an envelope. 90% are just 'gg', but occasionally I find a conversation I would have missed.

4. #4 / 8
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:About 1 or 2x a year I will change my games to display finished instead of live, and click on all the games with an envelope. 90% are just 'gg', but occasionally I find a conversation I would have missed.

ditto

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

5. #5 / 8
    Standard Member agwyvern
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

AH! So everybody isn't simply ignoring me :-)

6. #6 / 8
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Most of the time I notice all new messages to old games via my ticker, but I'm vulnerable whenever the ticker resets itself, which happens regularly.

7. #7 / 8
    Standard Member agwyvern
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Litotes wrote:Most of the time I notice all new messages to old games via my ticker, but I'm vulnerable whenever the ticker resets itself, which happens regularly.

Now I, on the other hand, do not want any new message pings sent to my ticker ... it's busy enough keeping this old body running as it is!

8. #8 / 8
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I have a bookmark that takes me to unread messages in finished games because it's way too much of a pain to get to them from scratch with filters and all. I don't doubt that most people have no idea how to find them. There really should be something iike a counter on players' home page that shows the number of unread messages, and a button to list them.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)