2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 10
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

http://www.wargear.net/tournaments/view/219

It's got BD as the winner, while not an uncommon thing, I've got him beat H2H (an impressive feat for me!)...and SODOS.

DISREGARD...

apparently I didn't read thru the tourney comments before i posted here. and as Pratik points out below, there must have been a different calc for determining trophies back then. i'm too old to remember!:^D

'top

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Sat 21st Apr 22:54 [history]

2. #2 / 10
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

That's a 7-year-old tournament... o.O

3. #3 / 10
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I'm going through all my old ones....

4. #4 / 10
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Kjeld wrote:

That's a 7-year-old tournament... o.O

i happened to be looking thru old Five games for the new tourney that just started. and saw that. I don't think i've ever gone thru and look for ranking/rating/win stuff. afterh 9.5 years, i get a freebie (that i earned), right? 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

5. #5 / 10
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Well, unless there is a statute of limitations I can't see there is any doubt about w'top earning that tourney victory.

6. #6 / 10
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Nah, I don't think so. I've seen plenty of old tournaments where the winner would be different if the criteria were what is used today. It seems that back in day different criteria were used to break ties. The comments in the thread there even mention that score was being used as a means of deciding the winner. While today's system may be better (at least it is better in my opinion), that wasn't the system then. It doesn't make sense to change the winning criteria retroactively. 

There is another extreme example to make in this regard (though my points holds even without this). Suppose that the tie break criteria were changed two years from now to something that most people then think is a wiser option. There is a thread that was posted recently about strategic losses to win a tournament. If the rules were to be changed retroactively, someone who did a strategic loss to ensure they get a trophy (under the present rules) could actually have it taken away from them. That's absurd.

7. #7 / 10
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i didn't read thru the comments on the tourney. Pratik has a point; I don't remember what 'score' was (predecessor to SODOS?)... But I was somewhat OK with the loss back then, so I should still be now. 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

8. #8 / 10
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Interesting. 

It appears when the tiebreak method was changed, all old tournaments were affected in the way that this "score" disappeared. It's impossible to see now what score people had. 

But the winners stayed as they had been.

9. #9 / 10
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

The score still exists, it just isn't displayed on the tournament page anymore (maybe it was in the past).

If you were the last player to play in a tournament game, and you or your team wins it, you get a pop up saying your result of the tournament (x wins/y games), your tournament (individual or team) ranking score, and your score for the present tournament. I assume that it is that score that was used as tie break originally.

10. #10 / 10
    Premium Member Mad Bomber
    Rank
    5 Star General
    Rank Posn

http://www.wargear.net/tournaments/view/2298
    By getting booted, terminator wins?

i want equal amounts of blueberry's
    I play on any field of battle...not just three boards

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)