237 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 1
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I don't know that we need to change anything (since the terminology is so prevalent on this site) but the "X day turn timer" doesn't mean "the game expires at the same time X days later", it really means "Y Hours later."

It only matters over one weekend a year:  when those people in the world who observe Daylight Savings time change their clocks back 1 hour.

I only noticed because I play my games when I first get to my office every day, and before I get deep into work.  I played Friday morning and then (because I knew I'd be offline all weekend while I did Dad things) I keep track of my first turn notice email, which came at 9:11AM, and then (as I always do) I make a mental note that I have to play my games on Monday before that time.  Unfortunately, my area gained an hour over the weekend, so that 9:11AM turn timer expiration really meant 8:11AM after the DST switch, and so my turn was missed.

Maybe we should put a note somewhere in the help that reminds people that DST matters for daily game timers.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)