220 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 9
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

It sounds like a stupid question, but in my profile it says I'm top ranked for Board "1776" which is only open for team play, 1 on 1 is not possible. I just wondered how that came about. The other players in the team game I played are not top ranked, so it's not just that all of us gets it.

2. #2 / 9
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

It's a bug in the rankings determination code.  When the code was originally written/rankings originally conceived they didn't consider team-play only boards.

My guess is that if we could see a list of all the people who have played the board in public games you would be the first listed alphabetically by ASCII code.

Tug of War has the same issue:

http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Tug+of+War/Rankings

http://www.wargear.net/players/info/spenserroger1

3. #3 / 9
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I'm not first by ASCII, I won a 2 vs 3 team game and my partner was Korrun. K is ahead of L. And yet he's not top ranked but I am. So if it's ASCII it's the last rather than the first.

4. #4 / 9
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Yeah.  There is some other method for breaking the "tie".  In any case our ranking system/algorithm does not know how to handle it.

5. #5 / 9
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Has there ever been attempts to rank players separately by team ranking? No idea how to find whoever has the highest ranking there. Maybe it's alreadfy available and I just haven't found it?

6. #6 / 9
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

It handles it by highest H rank, of which you are 72 and he is 62, hence, you win!

7. #7 / 9
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Also, Korrun may have played and lost additional games to put him behind you as well.

8. #8 / 9
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

You can only look at one person's team rank on a board at a time, so, you'll not see a complete list.  For your team stat on 1776, click your name under the my game/join game tabs, select player stats, click teamplay, and voila, for 1776 you are at 1019.  Doing the same for ratsy and you'll see 981 and hootz is 981 as well... Korrun is 1038 so I don't think the single player ranking is working for displaying team board rankings particularly well.

9. #9 / 9
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Thanks berickf. 

I guess there's no way of determining who has the highest team ranking for any given board, then, unless by going through players one at a time. Which sounds very laborious. Good to know. 

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)