237 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

after looking for earthsea maps for my reading pleasure, i ran across this site that had some amazing art.

one of the images i thought would be fun to play with was a cut away of the back of a store; but it is likely too large vertically to fit well here. but i really liked the possibilities.

so i played with the front of the store cutaway. i've loaded the 'fog' image as the board image, with the board image as the fillmap so one can mess with the transparency to see what it looks like. no plans for game play (right now), just had fun with the imaging.

-------

on a side note, i'm seeing a trend in myself lately. i'm having fun making images, but no time (or mental energy) to make the game play work -- see earlier thread {#emotions_dlg.blush}. i wonder if this is the foundation for a good collaboration? we've mentioned it before, but noone really took it anywhere. is there more interest now? 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

2. #2 / 6
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

That's a cool effect.  I'd like to collaborate, but I am on an extended time scale with map making, so as long as my partner understands that sometimes it might be a few days where I'm to busy to do much of anything.

3. #3 / 6
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

oh hell, i'm not in any hurry. life is out there too...

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

4. #4 / 6
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

That is SO Cool..   Though I think you have the images loaded wrong.  What you have as the Board should be the Background.  The Fill map needs to be solids, and the board needs to be the board either with a cutout or an opaque rendering of the Background, etc..   Right?

Why bother to collab on this one? Set the territory lines for the film map and you'll have done 95% of the work.  I don't see much of a need for any dice-mods, factories, etc.  It just looks like a great straight-ahead map to me.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.
    Edited Sun 31st Jul 14:46 [history]

5. #5 / 6
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

yeah, i know they're not loaded right. i loaded that way to show the thought process before i did any actual work on territories.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

6. #6 / 6
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

it's not just this map, i've a number of them in work that i just am not getting the energy to work. 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)