230 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 10
    Standard Member MinnesotaFreeze
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

So I recently joined the site, have met many wonderful people and respectful players. Then, I come across players like OHedge who continues to stalk me. I have asked him/her numerous times NOT to join my games, I refuse to play with them. The website refuses to do anything about it, even though I made a complaint. People like OHedge ruin it for everybody. Please let them know and refuse to play with them. It's up to the players, since the website only wants your money and refuses to fix the situation. 

So, please boycott these fucks that have nothing to do with their life. DO NOT play with people that vacate games and make you wait, instead of surrendering. These people have emotional problems, and we should be able to single them out to make the website a better place. 

God Speed people, good luck in battle !! 

2. #2 / 10
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

If you don't want to wait for people to use their allotted turn time, you should consider using the Fischer clock and adjust it to your desired turn length.

Also what kind of players should we be boycotting? Ones with 26 boots in a 30 day period? Ones that harass other players with abusive language?

3. #3 / 10
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

I do use the fischer clock. My boots are because of OHedge .... he joins my games, and I refuse to play ...... so I get booted. I have NEVER let anybody hang, if I am beat down I just surrender out of respect. I don't leave them hangin out of spite. The so called harassment that you speak of ........ is just caused for being an asshole! ALL OF MY boots are when I refused to play with an asshole ...... I know of only 3 since I joined, OHedge is by far the worse offender ........ there is not ONE person here, legitimate person, who will say I abandoned a game. OHedge has serious issues, so do a couple other players who I will also post a thread about if they continue to join my games. 

4. #4 / 10
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Just FYI ....... over 25 times OHedge has joined my games, against my wishes, and he continues. I never play with him ........... but he still does. Does that tell you something about his mental state of mind ???? Does that NOT tell you that the website needs to do something about this ??

5. #5 / 10
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

MinnesotaFreeze wrote:

My boots are because of OHedge .... he joins my games, and I refuse to play ...... so I get booted. I have NEVER let anybody hang, if I am beat down I just surrender out of respect. I don't leave them hangin out of spite.

Played 16 games, boots 26... The math just doesn't add up.

Anyway, I don't much care about all the triviality of whatever it is you have going on with 0Hedge, and 2 other unnamed players.  Fact is, 0Hedge isn't even a good player and the best way to deter such from your games, as you seem to want to do, is just to beat them 75+% of the time... You're playing him in 1v1's! Just improve your game so you can at least make it hard for him and once he starts losing more then winning his interest will wane.  He keeps joining because you give him free points by autobooting yourself and then you nag and whine about it, which doesn't deter him and probably gives him an entertaining chuckle.  He's got you so off-tilt that you're giving him a near guaranteed win at this point!  Why should he not join and why should he change his style when you're giving him such great results, on a silver platter.  It's not him you should be focused on, but yourself.

My advice is to just keep quiet in game and in the forums about it, learn to play better and let the results in the game speak for them self.  If you think WGWF is too much of a crap shoot to beat him consistently on, then try playing a different board.  Even that alone could keep him (and others) away.

If you keep doing the same thing and expect others to change for you.  Then, there is nothing anyone can say to you to show you the light.

Cheers!

Erick

6. #6 / 10
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

your right, OHedge was not ALL 26 boots, Simon Le Tocq, Camel and bombsaway201 are the other offenders that I refuse to play with. But at least they quit joining my games, at least recently. But again, OHedge is the worse offender by far. Another thing, I just don't care about the points ..... or achieving rank status ........ I play this game to burn a little down time ......... I usually have numerous open screens on my computer, I have a 4 monitor setup so when these idiots ruin my game, I just toggle them off my screen. Does not bother me even a little bit that they are getting points off me ....... I REFUSE to play with assholes, it's that simple. I just don't care about the points! 

I play quick games, because I just don't have time to play long extended games. I play when I am waiting for phone calls, or have a little down time on the computer. 

I still say ........ boycott these assholes that abandon games and leave everybody hangin! It is a lack of respect .......... it only takes a mouse click to surrender. By not surrendering and joining games that you know you are not wanted are signs of immaturity and Daddy issues. This site NEEDS to add the ability to block players, should not be for premium members only. Nuff said ........... 

My game is rock solid ...... I challenge any of you guys!! I love strategy and good players. I LOVE a challenge. Sore losers and assholes is what I HATE !! 

7. #7 / 10
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

looks to me you started off well.
    - you had a loud game with a couple known nuts in your 4th game. one in which you held your cool and you seemed to move on fine from that.
    - you had another game with a pretty vulgar guy (note to self to have tom look into that).

all in all you had two ugly games before hitting it in with your self-proclaimed nemesis --and in your FIRST game with the guy you resort to insults. not a great way to see if that was his standard MO (which there are a few like that) or just a bad game. hell you had issues in at least a couple of your first few games where you had other things going on...and no benefit of the doubt in your first game with him? 

so my advice: read up berick's post, ignore the couple nutjobs that hang around (at least don't let them rile you up) and keep going.  most of us are pretty good. 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

8. #8 / 10
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

looks to me you started off well.
    - you had a loud game with a couple known nuts in your 4th game. one in which you held your cool and you seemed to move on fine from that.
    - you had another game with a pretty vulgar guy (note to self to have tom look into that).

all in all you had two ugly games before hitting it in with your self-proclaimed nemesis --and in your FIRST game with the guy you resort to insults. not a great way to see if that was his standard MO (which there are a few like that) or just a bad game. hell you had issues in at least a couple of your first few games where you had other things going on...and no benefit of the doubt in your first game with him? 

so my advice: read up berick's post, ignore the couple nutjobs that hang around (at least don't let them rile you up) and keep going.  most of us are pretty good. 

+1

9. #9 / 10
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

"I still say ........ boycott these assholes that abandon games and leave everybody hangin!"

And, encourage their behavior by giving free wins? That doesn't sound very... strategic.

+1 to Weathertop's last.  I've had a few run ins recently with immature players, but naming names, swearing, and starting flame wars in the forums is not exactly the height of maturity either...

Edited Thu 14th Apr 10:48 [history]

10. #10 / 10
    Standard Member zolliuos
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

MinnesotaFreeze wrote:

So I recently joined the site, have met many wonderful people and respectful players. Then, I come across players like OHedge who continues to stalk me. I have asked him/her numerous times NOT to join my games, I refuse to play with them. The website refuses to do anything about it, even though I made a complaint. People like OHedge ruin it for everybody. Please let them know and refuse to play with them. It's up to the players, since the website only wants your money and refuses to fix the situation. 

So, please boycott these fucks that have nothing to do with their life. DO NOT play with people that vacate games and make you wait, instead of surrendering. These people have emotional problems, and we should be able to single them out to make the website a better place. 

God Speed people, good luck in battle !! 

what os ohedge doing to make your games bad?

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)