211 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Standard Member U-555
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Hello:  Could someone please remind me how to look up a game history (if that is possible)?  Does the game still have to be active?  Does a player still have to be active (not eliminated) in the game to look up the history?  Is it a good way to learn how the winners win?  Thank you in advance.

2. #2 / 7
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

U-555 wrote:

Is it a good way to learn how the winners win? 

It's the best way. 

You can watch the history of any game.  It works better with the native player.  which uses the arrow keys as shortcuts.

The icon is the one that looks like a piece of paper in the upper right list of white boxes.  The box furthest on the left.

Remember that if teh game is fogged the history is shown without fog.  So keep that in mind as you try to figure out why players made certain moves.

Also - going through the history of a game in progress (esp. fogged games) can be pretty important also. You can get a better sense of players motivations and where they are likely to attack next.  I review the history of a game almost every time I take a tun.

Also if it's a new  board or one I haven't played in a while I'll go an review an old game or someone else's game to get a feel for it.  Especially for boards that are less RISK-like.

Edited Mon 18th Jan 08:41 [history]

3. #3 / 7
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Here is an example link to get to a list of games, to find one with a top ranked player:

http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Invention/Games%20List

4. #4 / 7
    Standard Member U-555
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Thank you !  Found it.  Cool !  But the fog is still there.

5. #5 / 7
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

The fog will be there as long as the game is still happening. Once it's finished you go back into the player and watch the history and all will be revealed.

"I shall pass this way but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

6. #6 / 7
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:
    U-555 wrote:

Is it a good way to learn how the winners win? 

It's the best way. 

+1

7. #7 / 7
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

ratsy wrote:

The fog will be there as long as the game is still happening. Once it's finished you go back into the player and watch the history and all will be revealed.

So to expand on what I was saying earlier studying the history of a fogged game while it is in progress can give you important clues that you don't know just from looking at the board (even though the fog is still on.).  i have counted turns to figure out how many cards people have for example.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)