206 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 3
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Is it just me or does it seem like the overwhelming number of behavioral complaints on here come from real time games? thoughts?

2. #2 / 3
    Standard Member Xrayjay
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

I think it is because there are a small number of douchbags who play a whole ton of real time games....and they know its very frustrating to let the clock run down to 30 seconds every turn they play if the tide of the game is slightly against them, for example. These same people also tend to be real ass-hats in terms of in game commentary.

3. #3 / 3
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I think the expectation for these types of games is different too.  

When I'm staring at the PC waiting for my turn, I'm expecting the guy I'm playing with to be doing the same. It's alot of attention for something that could come in 10 seconds, or 10 minutes. 

If I'm in a 3 day game, I go to work or otherwise carry on with my life - and check in when it's good for me. As opposed to waiting for when it's good for them.

So it's more emotionally charged.

"I shall pass this way but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)