219 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 3
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I've played a few French Resistance championships, and I love the map and strategy involved. However, it'd be good to make it fairer for games with two people, as the starting player has a significant advantage. One option, if feasible, would be to reduce the number of armies received by starting players by a fraction corresponding to the number of players. In other words:

2 players: 1st player receives 1/2 armies normally allotted, 2nd player receives all armies.

3 players: 1st player receives 1/3 armies, 2nd player receives 2/3 armies, 3rd player receives all armies.

4 players: 1st player receives 1/4 armies, 2nd player 2/4 armies, 3rd player 3/4 armies, 4th player all armies.

Etc....

I think this reinforcement set-up would make the board fairer and more fun to play.

2. #2 / 3
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

It is possible for board designers to make scenarios for certain numbers of players to balance the games.  Many boards were made before scenarios were available and the board designer has not gone back to do that.

So, you could ask KrocK to add a 2-player scenario, but I am not sure if he is around much anymore.

I also enjoy that board - the continents have a nice lay-out.

3. #3 / 3
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Thanks Amidon37, I'll reach out to Krock

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)