224 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 14
    Standard Member timmy888
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I Iwo Jima I had excess units i couldn't place. However I was not able to skip placement and go to attack so I just timed out unable to take any action. Is this a glitch or am I missing something?

2. #2 / 14
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Were you playing the allies? Are you sure you weren't able to place them on the Artillery mountain in the south.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

3. #3 / 14
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

you cannot place on the mountain.  Only the airports & marine landing zones..  If you have units you cannot place you ought to be able to hit apply still and continue to the attack & fortify phase.  If not this is a bug with wargear.

4. #4 / 14
    Standard Member timmy888
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

that only works sometimes right now i am in a game where i cannot take action, i love this board please correct

5. #5 / 14
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Did you try both the native & flash players?  I think you should post a support thread for Tom to look at this, because to me it sounds like a wargear problem.

6. #6 / 14
    Standard Member timmy888
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

turns out i had a landing zone and didn't realize i could place troops there. looks like no bugs. i am just dumb. however as a tip if it confuses me it probably confuses many

GREAT JOB!

love the board.

i like good one on ones

7. #7 / 14
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'm glad to hear you like the board.  I'm not that big of a fan of 1v1 boards, but I feel like this one turned out really good. 

>however as a tip if it confuses me it probably confuses many

I'm always happy to take constructive feedback for my maps, and I strive to make things easily understood.  Do you have any suggestions for how to make this more clear to new players?

8. #8 / 14
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Two things I think. 

You refer to airports in the legend, but I don't know which terriories those are (not from the names, or the images, or the layouts)

And I don't know which territories connect to the underground tunnels (I get where they attack to, but I don't get where you can attack to them from - perhaps a symbol or something)

I think that would alleviate some confusion.

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

9. #9 / 14
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Really?  The airports weren't obvious?  I thought everyone would recognize the runways.  I guess I kinda work in the aviation world sometimes, so maybe those were more obvious to me.

I'm not sure what the difference is between airports and airfields, but the runways at Iwo Jima were always described as South, North and Central field (2 even have wikipedia entries for them under those names), so that's what I called the territories.  I guess it would be more correct for the description to say airfield instead of airport, but would that be more or less clear to people?

>And I don't know which territories connect to the underground tunnels (I get where they attack to, but I don't get where you can attack to them from)

It's the same territories.  i.e. the borders are all 2-way.  I'll try to think of a way to rephrase the text on the map to make this more clear.

10. #10 / 14
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

South Field (Airport)

or

South Field (AirField)   if you go that way with the description.

"Tunnels attack and defend from: ..."  or "2-Way borders" or whatever...

It's in the little things I guess.

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

11. #11 / 14
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I updated the board image and added some images to the wiki page.  Hopefully they help with the issues you guys raised.

12. #12 / 14
    Standard Member U-555
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I went to the help page and looked up Iwo Jima but it wasn't there (that I could find).  I am used to the basic risk board & I recently started the US civil war board.  But Iwo Jima has me confused. I'm having trouble understanding the direction on the intro to the game. I can't place forces on the 3 mountains since they already have 20 each.  Struggling through but a little basic direction might get us going better.  Both players are new to the map.  Thanks in advance.

13. #13 / 14
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

looks like you need to add Iwo Jima to the boards list Ozy.

here's a link to his page:
    http://www.wargear.net/wiki/doku.php?id=boards:iwo_jima:iwo_jima ;

ozy, you've also go this one hanging out there: 
    http://www.wargear.net/wiki/doku.php?id=boards:battle_of_iwo_jima:battle_of_iwo_jima

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Sun 8th Feb 19:24 [history]

14. #14 / 14
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thanks weathertop.  I've added it now.

U-555.  Now that you've got the wiki page, does that clear some of it up?  Is there anything I could do to make it more clear?

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)