236 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 5
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

http://techcrunch.com/2014/11/01/the-internet-archive-now-lets-you-play-900-classic-arcade-games-in-your-browser/

Looking for a nice little burst of nostalgia on this fine Saturday evening? Don’t feel like going through the process of installing MAME and lurking for ROMs, but still want to get your classic arcade on?

Back in December of last year, the Internet Archive (in their effort to backup the entire digital world, one bit at a time) launched a “Console Living Room” that offers up browser-friendly emulators for a pretty shocking number of consoles from the 70s/80s. Want to play some Atari 2600? Here you go. Sega Genesis? Yup!)

This weekend, they’ve introduced a whole new category: The Internet Arcade. 900+ classic arcade games, no quarters required.

It’s all a part of the JSMESS project, an effort to emulate as many systems as possible… in Javascript, of all languages. As they put it, they want to make “computer history and experiences” as embeddable as “movies, documents, and audio”

For the direct link:

https://archive.org/details/internetarcade

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

2. #2 / 5
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

looks awesome.  Any idea if I can plug in a PS3 control or something like that to play?

3. #3 / 5
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Thanks a bunch wtop.

I've screwed around with MAME in the past but it was def a pain.

Played some River Raid this morning!

4. #4 / 5
    Standard Member wrench_monkey
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

there is a video gaming convention in town called retrogamecon I'm thinking of going to today. We just got our first snow, so def time for some thumb cramping. The first 2600 I ever used may have been the property of a certain Amidon37.

5. #5 / 5
    Standard Member Aiken Drumn
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

It is telling since this thread noone has posted ;)

Off Topic!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)