212 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 9
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I have this 13.3 inch laptop that I am playing with this morning and it has a lot of pixels resulting in a high pixel density.  Since all the boards here at WarGear are designed by pixel size, they end up looking really small and are difficult to play on this computer (both in flash and native), especially if I try using the touch screen.  I know I could solve this by turning down the screen resolution, but this would defeat the whole purpose of having a high resolution screen in the first place and some might not know that or might not want to be bothered to do so in order to play WarGear.  If I ctrl +/- the browser tab the board size remains completely unaffected as the rest of the internet features readjust accordingly until the small board is surrounded by either tiny or huge browser text.  For anyone more tech savvy then myself, is there a way to get a browser to blow up the size of the board without reducing my computer's screen resolution?  Otherwise, if not, with the way technology is heading towards dense pixels on small laptops/convertibles/tablets/mobile phones, should this be something that Tom might need to look into to retain playability on such devices such that boards might need to be programmed to adjust their size according to the system it is being played on (if things like that can be auto-detected and optimized for?)

It's not a big deal for myself as I have many other options to play from, but, for those who might only have small-high resolution playing surfaces to play from it could detract from their playing experience, so I thought it was worth throwing it out there while this problem is still in its infancy.

Thanks,

Erick

2. #2 / 9
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

If I ctrl +/- the browser tab the board size remains completely unaffected as the rest of the internet features readjust accordingly until the small board is surrounded by either tiny or huge browser text.

This ctrl +/- won't work in the flash player, but in the native player it correctly increases the size of the board image for me.  Did you try it in the native player?

3. #3 / 9
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I've tried in both Native and Flash and get the same result.  Your Invention board only fills half the screen.  So, since the screen is 13.3, diagonal, the board ends up being... gets out my ruler... 6 inches wide and 4 & 3/4 inches high.  So a bit condensed.

4. #4 / 9
    Standard Member smoke
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Interesting. Ctrl-+/- works for me, too, with the native player. Windows 7, Chrome.

5. #5 / 9
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Are you using chrome like Smoke, Ozy?  I'm using Windows 8 and Mozilla Firefox.  I haven't taken a liking to Chrome yet, but, if it improves WarGear on this comp maybe I could give it a try.  I really dislike using native though.

6. #6 / 9
    Standard Member smoke
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I just tried it on Firefox (Windows 7). Still worked. I haven't tried it on Invention, another map.

7. #7 / 9
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I figured out a workaround.  There is a "magnify" feature in the display menu.  It's a bit jumpy but it magnifies the screen to 2x and make's boards look full screen and makes the territories easy to click.

8. #8 / 9
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I figured out an even better way.  Since it's a touch screen laptop I did that two fingers going away from each other thing and it zoomed it nicely.

9. #9 / 9
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I take that back.  It worked once then the next time it acted the same as ctrl +/-and the board size refused to change again.  sigh.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)