1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Long Story Short: When I make factory additions/edits and upload the new XML not only do the edits not appear, but many other factories disappear.

Short Story Long: Take the following Line

<continent continentid="8999376" boardid="5756" name="ANR 1Ykcutnek4" bonus="1" members=“0” factory="262" factory_type="AutoNeutralReset" factory_cap="0" />

Example: I create the following additional lines based on the one above. changing the "name' and the "members" values. - but NOT changing the continent id.

<continent continentid="8999376" boardid="5756" name="ANR 2Ykcutnek4" bonus="1" members=“1” factory="262" factory_type="AutoNeutralReset" factory_cap="0" />

<continent continentid="8999376" boardid="5756" name="ANR 3Ykcutnek4" bonus="1" members=“2” factory="262" factory_type="AutoNeutralReset" factory_cap="0" />

Result: ALL disappear - including the original line that I copied.  Additionally, any factories whose names with a number disappear, and possibly a few others that I'm unable to figure out a reason.

Also, I have noticed that though I am uploading these changes from the "Actions" column of the Designer page, the capability of uploading separate XML is available for each scenario.  Most everything is locked for each of these scenarios save for rules and colors so I can change the per territory bonuses and starting bonuses, so I was assuming that I could globally update all and the locked areas wouldn't update.  But when I upload the new XML file - the continents are lost on the Base board as well.

One other question - If I make individual changes to the XML for each scenario - will I be able to Revert?  I don't see any Revert options with scenarios.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.
    Edited Sun 20th Jul 07:05 [history]

2. #2 / 8
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I guess I'm the only person who's experienced this problem?  I'm probably doing something wrong because I haven't really been able to upload edited xml files for the last year or so.  I've kind of given up on it, which is definitely putting a damper on my design ideas.

Edited Thu 24th Jul 11:12 [history]

3. #3 / 8
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

maybe try leaving the out the contentid attribute, or increasing it by 1 for the new continents.  I honestly haven't done anything thing with uploading new continents via XML in a while, but  I think I used to do one of those back in the day.

4. #4 / 8
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Increasing by 1 would be a ton of work.  I'd have to go in and do it manually. I've got over 400 continents to make.  Besides, it doesn't make sense that other continents would disappear.

..I guess I can give it a try with a handful of continents ..sigh..

Edited Thu 24th Jul 19:45 [history]

5. #5 / 8
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

open Excel:

Put the number 1 in any cell

Put a 2 in the cell below it and a 3 in the cell below that. You now have 

in a column.  

Select all three of those cells.

Grab the tiny black box on the bottom right corner of the selection (fill handle) and drag it downwards. 

Watch excel create a column of numbers that increase by 1 for as far as you drag it. 

---- 

Copy from your xml into excel. Add the necessary continents id's to the appropriate column. Copy and paste from excel back to your xml. 

Pay attention to formatting of the "" chrachter.

-----

It'll probably take you less time to find a free version of excel for mac, and learn it, then to manually change 400 numbers.

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet
    Edited Thu 24th Jul 21:11 [history]

6. #6 / 8
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

libre office is free on mac.

7. #7 / 8
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thanks for the advice.  I've spent about an hour and can't even get close..

Uploading to Google Drive I can't get things to separate into fields.

I have an old version of Excel for Mac 2008.  Setting "Quotes" as a delimiter looks to get everything nicely into fields, but when I export to xml, the result is wacky (there are no quotes and certain fields are repeated over and over and over..   So here's what is wracking my brain. In the spreadsheet, the quotes are removed, so what puts them back when I export, and what format should I be exporting to?

Edited Fri 25th Jul 06:52 [history]

8. #8 / 8
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

-This is coming back to me, I think we've had this conversation before...-

I copy and paste out of excel.  But might have to paste into word, or notepad or the mac equivalent...

When i was doing this, I was using a third part xml editor. Then i would copy out of that editor, and into excel (delimiting as you have) but it kept the quotes for me. You might have to try delimiting at the spaces instead... 

Then I copied and pasted from the spreadsheet back into the xml editor. 

I've never played with the export feature to be honest. 

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)