1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 2
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I was searching through some old threads and trying to remember some previous conversations on the subject. It's getting easier to post xml and png files anonymously.  Between that and using the Wiki and PMing it should also be getting a little easier technically to collaborate, but there still seems to be problems.  The proof is in the pudding.  Currently, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of collaborating going on with boards, though I've seen willingness to try.  A truly collaborative experience is difficult to achieve because one person has to run the show.  Asynchronous collaboration with one-way implementation is not only too slow, but it can be detrimental to the creative process. Anyway, I've been thinking of a few solutions that involve sharing accounts:

Dedicated collaborative designer accounts: These would be set up by a single (Premium) member who becomes the account manager, and who can invite other members to the account.  The account could be used to play Dev games for its boards ONLY.  Pros: Designers can post different 'versions' of a board/idea. Cons: These accounts may only end up supporting one board.  Co-designers may have to log into this separate account, possibly with it's own password,which could get complicated or unwieldy.

Collaborative option for individual boards in the designer: Any (Premium) member can make a board Collaborative and then invite other members to join.  Once you have joined as a collaborator, the board simply shows up in your design list.  Cons: Designers can't post different versions, rather they would have to create new boards and re-share/collaborate them. Pros: No extra accounts have to be created or managed.

In both cases, boards that you collaborate on would 'count' as your boards. Possibly on the master list, ownership would need to be condensed. E.g. weathertop et al..  Thoughts..?

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.
    Edited Sun 30th Mar 09:40 [history]

2. #2 / 2
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I'd love to see some version of this. 

My thinking on doing it was along the lines of the Collaborative option.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)