2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 14
    Standard Member DeadMenOfDunharrow
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Request:  I am looking for someone to assume my username ("DeadMenOfDunharrow") for a series of Colossal Crusade games with a few of my college "friends."  You're free to play any other games with my username-- I only ask that you accept invites to play Colossal Crusade games as my friends initiate them.  No pressure; they don't play fast-paced or make demands for you to move more quickly.  You don't have to converse with them-- just play and make a move (maybe once a day).  

In the past, I've swept the floor with them to the point that I field a lot of whiny complaints, and I would like for them to still be able to play 6-player Colossal Crusade games without me having to hear about it.  Happy New Year and thanks.      

2. #2 / 14
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

If interested. just message me and I can change the account settings so that the account is associated with your email, and you can have my password to keep/change at your discretion.

3. #3 / 14
    Standard Member btilly
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I would not want to put any effort out to bother in assisting you in maintaining "friendships" with people you so clearly hold in contempt.  But if they want to invite someone else to their private games, they could invite me.

Instead of sweeping the floor with inferiors, I'd show them enough strategy that I could not, outnumbered 5 to 1, be guaranteed of any easy games.  Because doing that is more fun than mocking people.

4. #4 / 14
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

To clarify, this isn't really an effort to maintain friendships... more of a ruse/prank.  Also, I don't hold my friends in contempt; I was trying to be funny by typing "friends" in quotations.  

For anyone interested, this is a chance to reinvent yourself under a new user name... if you like, you can build new stats and a trophy case from scratch...just imagine the possibilities.  

5. #5 / 14
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I think that's cheating.

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

6. #6 / 14
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

It's not cheating.  It's an identity swap.  Sweet quote, though.  Sounds like something Gandalf would say.

7. #7 / 14
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'm glad you like it, I really do too. Smile

There's not too much around here that actually constitutes cheating... but I think that's it. 

I think (and just based on observation) that anytime your not the same person using an account, or your the same person using a couple of accounts, that's what constitutes cheating. 

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

8. #8 / 14
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

There's no rule against it, homie.  And it's doesn't necessarily offer a competitive advantage.  They always lose to me anyhow, so it could only help them get some W's.

9. #9 / 14
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Seriously, I need a bro to contact me and assume this user name!  Who wants to be a real Colossal Crusade FREAK and turn it up a notch???

10. #10 / 14
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Eh to the cheating thing...more so I'm not sure why anyone would do it.  Possibly to play along with the prank for a bit, but I would be surprised if it lasted very long.

You have been granted the title of Strategist!

11. #11 / 14
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Yertle, thanks for granting me the title of strategist.  Did you create Colossal Crusade?  

With regard to "why anyone would do it":  it's my hope that my account would serve as a theater for reinvention for someone who is passionate for Colossal Crusade, and filled with energy to play.  Or maybe it's for someone who wants to hone their skills and strategy without compromising the statistics on his primary account.  Ideally, the "DeadMenOfDunharrow" would me immortal; a man can be defeated or destroyed, but an idea can't be.*

*Interestingly enough, the Dead Men of Dunharrow WERE invulnerable, and as such helped turn the tide in the war for Middle Earth... so there is a Tolkien literary parallel that could be achieved even though that was not the plan when I chose my account name.

12. #12 / 14
    Standard Member btilly
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

The Dead Men of Dunharrow had to serve Aragorn to pay back a debt of honor that they failed to pay while they were alive.

I'm pretty sure that I'd see a different literary parallel than you do.

And about Yertle, as http://www.wargear.net/players/info/Yertle/Board%20Designs indicates, Colossal Crusade is indeed Yertle's design.

13. #13 / 14
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

btilly: My parallel was pretty much limited to their invulnerability... but point taken, I guess.  Although, if a parallel to the Dead Men of Dunharrow requires service to Aragorn "to pay back a debt of honor that they failed to pay while they were alive," than I don't know if anyone could ever parallel the Dead Men of Dunharrow.

I'm pretty honored to have met THE Yertle.  To me it's like meeting Milton Bradley or something.  Colossal Crusade is great, and the fact that Yertle doesn't see "passing the username/mantle" as cheating means a lot to me.

14. #14 / 14
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I did the graphics and brought it to WarGear, Booyarr is the brains behind the layout and gameplay...I'm more like the factory worker that put Milton Bradley's creation together {#emotions_dlg.razz}

You have been granted the title of Strategist!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)