211 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Standard Member Billy69
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Is there any game the same as Risk - with missions instead of Last Man Standing?

2. #2 / 7
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Do you mean like as in separate missions? ..where players have different goals?  Can you be more specific?

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

3. #3 / 7
    Standard Member Chinnie
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I think he means as in the original game. Missions such as eliminate the red player, conquer 24 regions, conquer NA and Australia. I would be interested in these kinds of missions too, is it possible to create such maps?

4. #4 / 7
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Chinnie wrote:

I think he means as in the original game. Missions such as eliminate the red player, conquer 24 regions, conquer NA and Australia. I would be interested in these kinds of missions too, is it possible to create such maps?

Yes, with the new Victory Conditions options in the designer, I'm pretty sure it's possible to create all of the above.  Not many boards have been created since the VC's have arrived, but there's no reason that designers couldn't create these types of scenarios for existing boards.

5. #5 / 7
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Conquer a specific continent can't be assigned randomly in the new VCs. Maybe it should be?

6. #6 / 7
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Korrun wrote:

Conquer a specific continent can't be assigned randomly in the new VCs. Maybe it should be?

No, but you can set a specific off-board territory win, and by making that a factory who's members consist of all necessary territories - victory should be instantaneous at the beginning of that player's next turn. I.e., they would have to hold the position through a full round, which though necessary, would generally be a desirable condition for most boards.

Different (or the same) Victory conditions can be assigned by player/color.

Edited Sat 7th Dec 12:51 [history]

7. #7 / 7
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:
    Korrun wrote:

No, but you can set a specific off-board territory win, and by making that a factory who's members consist of all necessary territories - victory should be instantaneous at the beginning of that player's next turn. I.e., they would have to hold the position through a full round, which though necessary, would generally be a desirable condition for most boards.

Different (or the same) Victory conditions can be assigned by player/color.

Good point. Sounds like some new scenarios are in order...

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)