209 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 3
    Standard Member paulharrow
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I know this was raised earlier when TKDave created a heap of games at once.  Back then it wasn't that much of a problem, because they were two player games that were taken rather quickly.  But with the latest lot of 4 player games that are hanging around for a while, I think something needs to be done.  Here is my suggestion:

Rule 1:  There should be a limit to how many games some one can create.  The limit could be base on "game type/number of players" combination.  No reason why someone needs to create more than, say 8, or 10?

Rule 2:  The join game listing should only display the first 3 games of any "game type/number of player combination" for a given host.  This prevents the list being hogged by a single, and once their first few games are taken up, the next ones will display anyway, so not really penalising anyone.

Good idea?

2. #2 / 3
    Standard Member bengaltiger
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I can see this getting annoying possibly when the site gets larger, but for now it doesn't bug me. Maybe the best way to do this would be more powerful join game sorting tools? That way you could limit which hosts you see, or as you say in Rule 2 only show the first few games from one hoster, etc. Don't know that limiting people's ability to create games is a good idea though, but maybe it's necessary.

3. #3 / 3
    Standard Member paulharrow
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Yeah, thinking about it some more, if someone creates ten 4-player games, then if you do not display them all, it stops someone from joining all 10 as the second player, which would ultimately slow them down in being filled. So I think my initial post is wrong.

Edited Sat 19th Dec 16:31 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)