Pages:   123   (3 in total)
  1. #41 / 42
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Kjeld wrote:
    Ozyman wrote:
    In my case, players don't start with any capitals, but take them as they move onto the main board, so I need a territory that they will always own, but it can't be a capital, or else they wouldn't get eliminated when they are removed from the main board, because they'd still have this one capital they started with.  Here's the board in question if it helps to look at it:

http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/5141

So in theory the game could never end if someone refused to move onto the main board? However, from what I can tell, you have to move onto the main board to even play AND every territory on the main board is a capital. So if you start to play, you can lose. I suppose if you're worried about someone just ending turn every round and keeping the game going forever, you could make a timer for each non-capital territory that destroys it (via negative factories) iff the player controls no capitals.

Yeah, that's true.  I think your workaround is doable, but honestly I'd rather not bother.  IMO if someone is joining a game, taking turns, but doing nothing just to ruin it for everyone else, that's griefing and should be dealt with at an administrative level (i.e. warning and banning).

2. #42 / 42
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

I think for purposes of a Wiki tutorial or explanation, it doesn't hurt to imply, or even flat out state, that a capital is necessary.  That way, anyone who breaks the "rule" is likely to know what they are doing.

I've been working a Wiki image for a Factory Counter that can be used for finding combinations ..and I have capitals on it.  I suppose a footnote at the bottom of the page could suggest that there may be ways around the need for using capitals.

NygmaBot needs a haircut.

IMO, we should strive for accuracy, but I understand that we also want to make it as simple to understand as possible.  I think a footnote or something to explain the special cases would be an ok way to handle it.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123   (3 in total)