220 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 5
    Standard Member nikita790
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Hi there, I'm relatively new to war gear and have been trying out some of the maps. I've been playing some with the fog and noticed that the board changes what I can see throughout the game. my question is is it random what gets fogged out? And is there any way to know what everyone else can see? Or should I ask , is there any way to know what territories I have that they can or cannot see? 

2. #2 / 5
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

http://www.wargear.net/help/display/Fog

Check out the link above, but it boils down to there are 4 levels of fog. Light, medium, Heavy and total. 

Light: You can see who owns all the territories on the board but only the unit count for bordering territories.

Medium: You can see who owns the territory and unit count for bordering territories only.

Heavy: You can see who owns the bordering territories but not their unit count.

Total: You don't have any info about your neighbors until you attack them. 

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

3. #3 / 5
    Standard Member nikita790
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Thanks. That helps!

4. #4 / 5
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Also, depending on the map it is possible to have 'view borders', which are special borders that provide view.  For example, the crystal caves map (castles & towers scenario) has towers that allow you to see several territories away through the fog.

View borders should be described on the map or in the map description, but can also see them in the board explorer.

5. #5 / 5
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

The HexGear board you are playing a game on has View borders like Ozy is talking about.

You can see where they are with the Board Explorer

http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/HexGear/Board%20Explorer

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)